Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Chopped Up Body Parts Found In Plastic Bags In Back Of SUV

Fears Confirmed

Missing man's dismembered body found in garbage bags in Rosemont

Canada - Shane Jimrattie’s family had their worst fears confirmed Wednesday after police identified the missing young man as the victim in a grisly homicide in Rosemont.

Jimrattie’s dismembered body was found in plastic garbage bags in the back of a gray Ford Explorer parked in a narrow alleyway near the corner of Rosemont Blvd. and Cartier St.

A Montreal man, 44, is to be charged today with second-degree murder.

The man has a minor criminal record, but was not known for violent crime, police said.

It was Jimrattie’s brother who alerted police last night at 9:30 after seeing suspicious activity in the alley near where Shane went missing the previous day.

Police arrested the owner of the SUV, following a brief foot chase, Montreal police Constable Laurent Gingras said.

The man climbed to the roof of a nearby three-storey apartment block, and then jumped to a balcony below, where police caught up with him, Gingras said.

The suspect is a carpenter who worked part time as a janitor in the building at 1820 Rosemont Blvd., next to the alleyway, said Ajet Nuro, an administrator for the 30-unit apartment block. He had been living there for six months, Nuro said.

“I was surprised by the arrest,” Nuro said. “But we were beginning to wonder about him.

“We’d been trying to reach him since noon Monday, but he didn’t answer his phone.”

Police had to wait until early this afternoon for search warrants to impound the suspect’s SUV and take the body parts to a lab for identification.

Posters advertizing Jimrattie’s disappearance have covered brick walls, lamp posts and store windows in the neighbourhood for the past two days. The posters show a tall young man with brown hair and eyes, and a broad smile.

Akhalia Jimrattie, 23, said her brother has been missing since Monday morning. She and other family members waited together for news of Shane after putting up the posters, she said.

“I can’t make any other comment for now,” she said, when reached by phone.

Alex Grenier, a sales clerk at the Rousseau Sports store at the corner of Rosemont Blvd. and Papineau Ave. said the distraught young woman came to the store Tuesday, and asked him to display one of the posters.

“She seemed very discouraged, and had tears in her eyes,” said Grenier, 19. “If it’s him, it will be very sad.”

Police officers at the crime scene were shocked by the gruesome discovery.

“Any human being, whether a police officer or not, would find this abnormal,” Gingras said. “We are used to seeing someone who is shot or stabbed, but this is not usual.”

The death marks the 14th homicide of the 2007, police said. There were 11 homicides in the same time period in 2006.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be