Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Here comes the pain

When I enquired someone at gamestop about when 360's will be available(sold out, this was a month or two after launch). He told me, then he said if I got one its all about keeping it cool and not letting dust getting into it due to the vents being on the bottom so it isnt a good idea to keep it laid down.I want to get one really bad, but my parents don't have an expendable amount of money even towards christmas....I might just stay with PC.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap_Remake View Post
When I enquired someone at gamestop about when 360's will be available(sold out, this was a month or two after launch). He told me, then he said if I got one its all about keeping it cool and not letting dust getting into it due to the vents being on the bottom so it isnt a good idea to keep it laid down.I want to get one really bad, but my parents don't have an expendable amount of money even towards christmas....I might just stay with PC.
Best surface for it to be on is Glass, well that's what i've read anyways. I now have a entertainment center with glass shelves :D No not just because of that reason cause my TV hangs on it, it's a sweet setup.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
well, i wish i had known that earlier. it was sitting on its side on my filthy rug.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Never put a console or computer on carpet. This makes the machine over heat much quicker, due to the fact it can't "breath". If you sit it on the carpet it's prone to heat trapment and even more dirt and dust from the carpet.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanManiac View Post
Best surface for it to be on is Glass, well that's what i've read anyways.
So...anyone having their 360 on a glass shelf won't face the RROD problem?

I am still thinking the AC-cooled room way.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Here comes the pain

From what i've heard the goal is to give it breathing room & keep it cool so go for it.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap_Remake View Post
From what i've heard the goal is to give it breathing room & keep it cool so go for it.
Right on. I'm not saying if you have it on a glass shelf you wont get the rrod it, but what Cheap said is very true. AC room sounds like it could help it a lot. Anyone that does not have one and wants one, trust me as I say, it's well worth the risk.

Last edited by AmericanManiac; 09-06-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

Also, do not stand it on it's side! It will ruin your discs! I have returned multiple used games with the same scratch in the disc.

When the disc is stood up sideways in the machine, it is magnetically spinning. If the balance gets off just a little, it starts smacking the sides of the machine and will dig deep scratches into your games.

The people at gamestop thought I was doing it to my games.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Also, do not stand it on it's side! It will ruin your discs! I have returned multiple used games with the same scratch in the disc.

When the disc is stood up sideways in the machine, it is magnetically spinning. If the balance gets off just a little, it starts smacking the sides of the machine and will dig deep scratches into your games.

The people at gamestop thought I was doing it to my games.
I've had no problems with it standing on its side, the key is DO NOT MOVE IT TO THE SIDE POSITION WHILE THE SYSTEM IS ON. That's what eats discs.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I've had no problems with it standing on its side, the key is DO NOT MOVE IT TO THE SIDE POSITION WHILE THE SYSTEM IS ON. That's what eats discs.
I don't know man. I had my PS2 on it's side for a week, and it ate two of my discs.