Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Cenobiter

Post Review of "28 Days Later" (2003) DVD

"28 Days Later" (2003) - Director: Danny Boyle - Starring: Alex Palmer, Cillian Murphy, Naomie Harris - Review contains spoilers. [details]
Old 10-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Talking

28 days iz da shhhhhit so dont hate
Old 10-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

For some reason this movie just didnt keep me interested, and I couldnt wait until it ended. But that is just my opinion.

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:13 AM
charityanne

Wink ok lng

its so very scaryyy.....i cant help but to think of what had happen in the movie.....its hunting meeee!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Flaws be damned, I liked it. It contained a lot of stuff from some of my favorite genre flicks (i.e. Dawn/Day of the Dead and The Stand). I don't believe it was a zombie film either, but I'll be damned if the back of the dvd box doesn't claim it to be "a groundbreaking take on zombie horror." Haha.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
28 Days Later review...

A second opinion

~Spoiler~

How is it that a movie can have such critical success, and yet horror fans are not pleased? How is this film so incredibly different from Romero's own zombie films. Yes, I'm aware that it's not a zombie film (regardless of what the back of the DVD claims) but it still parallels the classics. 28 Days Later reminded me so much of Dawn/Day of the Dead that I had to love it. The scene where they enter a supermarket and go on a shopping spree: Dawn of the Dead. The scene with Mailer, an infected soldier, chained to a wall: Day of the Dead. Jim killing the kid at the gas station: more Dawn. The evil military: more Day. I for one loved this movie. I dug it mainly because it had solid characters, characters I cared about in a horrific situation. Jim is the everyman. He's a character that every person should be able to identify with. Jim awakes from a coma to find his world empty. Or so he thinks. A rage virus has overcome the city of London (perhaps more) and it has left infected, zombie-like creatures in its wake. The virus is in the blood; one bite or scratch and it's curtains for you. Jim is played brilliantly by Cillian Murphy (Jeremy Sisto's English cousin??). I hope to see more of this young actor. The rest of the cast is perfect as well. Naomie Harris IS her character, Christopher Eccleston and Brenden Gleesen are incredible as well, and this is only Megan Burns' second film. Plus, the film had an undeniably "real life" feel to it. I believe this situation is possible. And that scares me. This film hit theaters during the SARS epidemic and that only adds to the chilling and effective atmosphere the movie creates. The digital filmmaking also adds to this sense of realism and compliments the film magically. Another thing going for it was the empty city of London. I could keep going with what I feel are "positives" but let me talk about questions that the fim has raised. One such question is if the Rage Virus causes uncontrollable anger, then why don't the infected kill each other? Why didn't Romero's zombies attack each other? The infected "recognize" one another (perhaps through pheromones or maybe just animal instincts) and have a strong to desire to spread the virus. The virus is trying its best to survive (like any living creature) and the infected attacking the infected would be pointless. That's the best explanation that I could come up with. I think Danny Boyle (who impressed me more with Shallow Grave) and Alex Garland did a hell of a job on this thing.

"If you look at the whole life of the planet, we, you know, man, has only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection wipes us all out, that is a return to normality. "

Last edited by avenger00soul; 10-25-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:12 PM
AdioVS11

Worse movie in the world...that's all i can say. I mean they say Danny Boyle "reinvented zombie horror...". No he didn't he killed it.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I fell alseep

As I said, I fell asleep when I saw this movie, for around an hour ^__^. Went and saw it again, just so I new what happened. Any my gods it bored me to death. (then I went on a useless virus infected rampage)
Old 11-07-2003, 01:06 AM
interstate78

What review was that?

Why do I have to be prompted by comments on the aestetical looks of all the actors in this movie?
Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 AM
warprophet

i expected a zombie movie so it was a little dissapointing, i thought this would be what resident evil wasnt, i still loved it though, but i ask myself...did the guy have to be that naked that often?