Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Evil Dead

Introduce us to...

I thought it might be interesting to see what people have to share. Well known horror(and not so well known) is written primarily by white men. Not that this is bad or good or what have you. I thought it'd be great to see recommendations from you folks of horror novels and/or collections by non straight white men. Even more so if they're not American or from the UK. Introduce us to new authors. To get him out of the way Clive Barker. Everyone knows him and he's gay. Too easy. Pick another. :)

I've mentioned two women in previous posts, they both died this year. Melanie Tem and Tanith Lee. I'm not too familiar with Lee, but Tem's writing is amazing. Her stories are visceral, profound, and insightful. Wilding, Revenant, Daughters, etc. Highly recommend her. Her books, for me, are invariably 5 stars out of 5.

I haven't read his other work, but Amos Tutuola's My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is fantastic. So many bizarre ghosts, to me, but are about various folk tales from...checking wikipedia....Yoruba folk tales. Its simple writing, but easily visualized.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Little Boo

Cool book to check out: First one is free:

The struggle that comes with living on after the end of the world is masterfully detailed in Jason Borrego’s survival horror series. INFECTED FREAKS focuses on gut wrenching choices and highlights the agony of survival. A father can cling to his morals and die, or do everything it takes to survive.

http://www.amazon.com/Infected-Freak...=jason+borrego

http://www.jasonborrego.com/