Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Hellraiser

Insidious.

I surprisingly liked this movie because I like seeing the dead and supernatural occurrences. Can't wait for chapter 2!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post
Lol. Thats what they set out to do. I enjoyed it
I can see that point of view, and don't get me wrong I didn't hate it just because it was sick and exploitative. It just didn't seem to have anything to say about what was going on, it didn't expand or explore the potential for social commentary that a synopsis like that made me think it would. It wasn't funny to me, although I've been told that it's got a sense of humour. Dead Alive had a sense of humour, and this is incredibly far removed. It was just vacant, pointless violence, for the sake of pointless violence, and while I can accept that and often enjoy films that dare to show us things people would normally never take on, this film just rubbed me entirely the wrong way.

You're not the only one who saw it that way, my best friend also said he liked it a lot, and for the very same reasons I found it detestable.

To each their own, though. If you can take something from it that I didn't see or just didn't care to see, it's all well and good. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Mars Needs Moms - lol!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 AM
HDC's old chick

Saw two movies yesterday, Now You See Me and Man of Steel.

I enjoyed Now You See Me. Interesting plot twists and good acting. Man of Steel was just ok for me. The fights between Superman and General Zod got old after a while. Ok, I get it, you can throw each other into outer space, can we move on with the story now?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I also saw Man of Steel yesterday - wasn't impressed. Can understand Warner wanted to ride the coat tails of the superhero thing but this was pointless. It was like a Transformers movie - it had no soul and even worse - no humour.

This morning I watched Hide & Go Shriek = dull.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Banned

V H S 2

Much better than the first one.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Evil Dead

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Directed by: Eli Craig

Starring: Tyler Labine, Alan Tudyk, Katrina Bowden and Jesse Moss

Two dumb as nails but genuinely likeable "hillbillies" (played with a warm believability and great comedic timing by Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk), Tucker and Dale, are on their way to a country cabin for a vacation when they come across a goup of college students on their way to a getaway in the woods. Dale finds himself smitten with one of the ladies in the group, Alison (Katrina Bowden) but has never been able to talk to girls properly. After some goading by his friend, Tucker he finally gets the nerve to go over and introduce himself. Too bad he carries a gigantic scyth with him and takes his friends advice a little too litterally (one of many great send-ups of horror movie cliches), culminating in the whole group being intensely off-put and setting into motion a terrible case of mistaken identity where D&T are mistaken for crazed hillbilly serial killers.

I found this to be a pitch perfect comedy of errors in which just about any preconception you may have of the standard slasher flicks and turns them on their heads in a way that (imho) made this film one of (if not the) best horror-comedy I've seen in a dogs age. As things get progressivley worse and worse for our duo the laughs come in full force.

I would highly recommend this film for the above reasons as well as the genuine undercurrent of sweetness and emotional honesty that beats at the very heart of Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Check it out!

4.5/5 :cool:

Last edited by xX_StarChild_Xx; 06-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Evil is Better

Man of Steel
Eh. I didn't like this very much. The story was rushed, the pacing was ridiculous. It was all over the place and i didnt care for any of the characters. The action scenes were fun but nothing extraordinary.

Rose Red
Nice haunted house movie/miniseries but i was expecting something more

Targets
A big thank you to Neverending for recommending this. This is an amazing movie with a great story and amazing performances especially from Boris Karloff. Definitely recommended as a must see.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Rose Red
Nice haunted house movie/miniseries but i was expecting something more
Rose Red is a nice movie :) A bit long though.

John Carpenter's The Thing

Not so fond of alien type movies but decided to watch this anyway. It's alright. Didn't find it that scary, only when you see the disgusting 'alien' is quite creepy. Find the movie a bit too slow for my liking, and depressing. I also hate anything that involve animals, so the dogs scene were very uncomfortable for me. I would say 3 out of 5.

The Possession (2012)

Nothing new.. the kid did a good job of being possessed but didn't find it scary either. Hated the jump cuts and aerial view at the beginning. But somehow I don't feel the movie connects to me, like I couldn't care less for any of the characters. Maybe I don't like any of the actors playing.. I don't feel they have the right emotion for it.

I would say 2.5 out of 5.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I was disappointed with Rose Red - the book was so much better. I never did watch the sequel.

Tags
movie