Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
top 5 albums of all time

what's your top 5

the music i like is different but meh, who cares

5)-The Black Album-Jay Z
4)-The Slim Shady LP-Eminem
3)-Greatest Hits-Ice Cube
2)-Blueprint-Jay Z
1)-Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
Old 05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
Alltime for me:

1. L.D. 50, Mudvayne
2. Reign in Blood, Slayer
3. Rage Against the Machine, RATM
4. End of all things to come, Mudvayne
5. Darkness and Hope, Moonspell
Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
1) The Wall by Pink Floyd
2) Beatles' 1
3) Toys in the Attic by Aerosmith
4) Good News For People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse
5) Aerosmith's self-titled

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Hasn't this been done before?

Nirvana - Nevermind
Fugazi - 13 songs
The Velvet Undergroud - Peel to see
Pixies - Doolittle
The Beatles - Rubbersoul
The Ramones - debut

Its impossible to put just five. It should be top 20

Last edited by Deposable; 05-20-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Tonight's the nght.

1.Tool-Stinkfist
2.Rolling Stones-Paint it black
3.Slayer-raining blood
4.Nine Inch Nails-Closer
5.Deftones-chane(in the house of flie's)
Old 05-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
1. Pennywise: Straight Ahead
2. The Descendents: Everything Sucks
3. Metallica: ...And Justice For All
4. Bad Religion: The Empire Strikes First
5. Pennywise: Land Of The Free?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-22-2005, 06:59 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante'sInferno
1.Tool-Stinkfist
2.Rolling Stones-Paint it black
3.Slayer-raining blood
4.Nine Inch Nails-Closer
5.Deftones-chane(in the house of flie's)
wait, aren't those songs?

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 05-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Can you dig it ?

(taken from My Top 10 List on another site):

1) Defunkt - Defunkt. The self-titled debut album is my hands down favorite. Loud, brash and brimming with over the top funk, nothing has come close to replacing it. Ever. If it doesn't get you moving, you must be dead. I would have to recommend avoiding all other albums of theirs, even if it was the launching pad of Living Color guitarist Vernon Reid (whose 'Vivid' album deserves to be on this list as well, but might not depending on which direction I go off into tonight).
2) Weight - Rollins Band. Henry & Co. are in full force on what I consider to be their tightest album. Hard as hell, groove laden and in your face with overall thoughtful lyrics questioning everyday life in the madhouse we call America. I never got into Black Flag, but have always liked him. The band itself is awesome enough on their own, but would lack the overall intensity had anyone else picked up the mic. I would consider this a precursor to everything that Rage Against The Machine was to the tenth power.
3) I Against I - Bad Brains. What do you get when mixing reggae and hardcore punk ? The Brains of course. Nothing has sounded like them before. Nothing will sound like them again. This album is not as punk sounding as their earlier material or as crossover and rehashed material in later albums like 'Quickness' and it still considered to be their finest moment. I agree. For those of you who think The Rolling Stones are the greatest rock 'n' roll band, you might be wrong.
4) Funhouse - The Stooges. Somewhere between The Velvet Underground and The Ramones, Iggy Pop became the icon of punk. 'Raw Power' might be the better known of their albums, but this is by far the most cohesive and rawest effort. Everything screams at you with such intensity that it is impossible to ignore (with the exception of 'We Will Fall').

Everything after these top four albums can change drastically depending on my mood at any time. These four however are set in stone.

5) The Misfits - Walk Among Us. Not their fastest album since 'Earth A.D.' has that distinction. Not even the most versatile since 'Legacy of Brutality' holds that as well. Maybe the make-up was a little over the top and the devilock haircuts didn't help, but before 2 of the members regrouped as 'Glen Danzig's "old" band' and went on to be professional wrestlers (huh?) and go commercial on the name alone, this was them at their best - straight ahead punk with all the horror lyrics sung by a howling Elvis. They've since become a shadow of themselves, if not an all-around joke.

CK
Old 05-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
wait, aren't those songs?
Shit i miss read the title

anyway

1.Tool-Anima or something like that
2.Slayer-Reighn in blood
3.rolling stones greatest hits
4.Deftones-white poney
5.Korn-follow the leader
Old 05-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
(taken from My Top 10 List on another site):

1) Defunkt - Defunkt. The self-titled debut album is my hands down favorite. Loud, brash and brimming with over the top funk, nothing has come close to replacing it. Ever. If it doesn't get you moving, you must be dead. I would have to recommend avoiding all other albums of theirs, even if it was the launching pad of Living Color guitarist Vernon Reid (whose 'Vivid' album deserves to be on this list as well, but might not depending on which direction I go off into tonight).
2) Weight - Rollins Band. Henry & Co. are in full force on what I consider to be their tightest album. Hard as hell, groove laden and in your face with overall thoughtful lyrics questioning everyday life in the madhouse we call America. I never got into Black Flag, but have always liked him. The band itself is awesome enough on their own, but would lack the overall intensity had anyone else picked up the mic. I would consider this a precursor to everything that Rage Against The Machine was to the tenth power.
3) I Against I - Bad Brains. What do you get when mixing reggae and hardcore punk ? The Brains of course. Nothing has sounded like them before. Nothing will sound like them again. This album is not as punk sounding as their earlier material or as crossover and rehashed material in later albums like 'Quickness' and it still considered to be their finest moment. I agree. For those of you who think The Rolling Stones are the greatest rock 'n' roll band, you might be wrong.
4) Funhouse - The Stooges. Somewhere between The Velvet Underground and The Ramones, Iggy Pop became the icon of punk. 'Raw Power' might be the better known of their albums, but this is by far the most cohesive and rawest effort. Everything screams at you with such intensity that it is impossible to ignore (with the exception of 'We Will Fall').

Everything after these top four albums can change drastically depending on my mood at any time. These four however are set in stone.

5) The Misfits - Walk Among Us. Not their fastest album since 'Earth A.D.' has that distinction. Not even the most versatile since 'Legacy of Brutality' holds that as well. Maybe the make-up was a little over the top and the devilock haircuts didn't help, but before 2 of the members regrouped as 'Glen Danzig's "old" band' and went on to be professional wrestlers (huh?) and go commercial on the name alone, this was them at their best - straight ahead punk with all the horror lyrics sung by a howling Elvis. They've since become a shadow of themselves, if not an all-around joke.

CK
Besides my own list. Your the only other list that doesn't suck