Dark Places, 2005. 7,5/10

Director: Guy Crawford

Thumb resize.

Sick.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:57 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Red Christmas was an enjoyable flick. It built up the tension well and I did not really expect the ending to be as it is.

One thing I'm not really sure of is the film's stance on the subject: is it really pro or anti abortion? Or neither?
I don't think it was taking any stance. I think it was just a plot device. Enjoyed it as well.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:24 PM
病気の

You Were Never Really Here, 2018. 9/10

Director: Lynne Ramsay

Housewife, 2018. 8/10

Director: Can Evrenol

Old 01-08-2019, 10:38 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
7/10

Fresh from a bloody murder scene, police bring an unidentified young lady to the small town corner, a father (Brian Cox) and son (Emile Hirsch) team, for an emergency late night autopsy. Things get a little supernatural. From director André Øvredal of Trollhunter (2010) fame.

With the very flattering reviews I've seen for this film, I was expecting a lot more. The film is a well made horror flick... nice dose of slow reveal, traditional mild suspense, jump scares and gore and special effects. The aforementioned slow reveal over the course of an autopsy is mildly refreshing as well. However, the character development is rather shallow and unresolved. The little we get to know about the characters is disappointingly irrelevant to the film's conclusion. The ending was all too cliqué and tame for such a promisingly original start.
I thought it was good because I went in blank. I think someone here or on HorrorDVDs recommended it. It was definitely surprising to me and worth a late night watch. Mondo just released a clever record for the soundtrack. Although I don't remember the soundtrack that much.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought it was good because I went in blank. I think someone here or on HorrorDVDs recommended it. It was definitely surprising to me and worth a late night watch. Mondo just released a clever record for the soundtrack. Although I don't remember the soundtrack that much.
Yeah, I think V said it was the best horror film of 2016, which maybe it was. It had nice technique, some freshness of concept at the beginning. I really liked where it was going, and then I thought it went cliqué. You know, why would they do anything with the tattoos, or have the son learn something, or solve the issue. And some people wonder why horror films don't win any academy awards... It's fine.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-09-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM
ventricle

I gave up watching From Hell (2001), with Johnny Depp on Jack the Ripper. Probably started it too late at night. Seems to go on and on without much to bite on. Interesting concept with Depp using drugs to 'remote view' Jack, but sheesh it was taking a long time to get into who. I might go back.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I gave up watching From Hell (2001), with Johnny Depp on Jack the Ripper. Probably started it too late at night. Seems to go on and on without much to bite on. Interesting concept with Depp using drugs to 'remote view' Jack, but sheesh it was taking a long time to get into who. I might go back.
I found it a bit dry...though it was a well made film and all in all I think it's worth a one time watch.

If you like different takes on the Jack the Ripper thing...here's a ridiculous, but fun suggestion: Jack's Back (1988)
Old 01-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Sinister 2
Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Give it another try when You're more alert. Thought this was a great film with the Hughes Brothers doing a fine job, especially with the grungy surroundings...I guess a ghetto is a ghetto wherever the locale. Only thing that didn't quite ring true was Heather Graham looked awfully clean and unsullied despite her occupation-or else maybe she was new on the job?

Tags
movie