Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2013, 09:35 AM
The Jackal

Re-editing Ogroff: Mad Mutilator

So I know that some of you here are familiar with Ogroff: Mad Mutilator. Well I have great news or terrible news for you. Depends on how you view this sort of thing. In my boredom I have decided to do a re-edit of this film. I will be cutting it down a bit and also doing some touching up to the source video that can be found HERE. If I become very ambitious I may dub the 5 lines of dialog in the film. Anyway I am just posting this to give you a heads up. I will also post the finished video here.

www.youtube.com/thedeadarewatching
Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 AM
The Jackal

Alright, So far I have finished part 1 of 7. Actually took quite a bit of work. My re-edit of part 1 is around 6 minutes long and the original was around 13 minutes long. I mostly cut footage that was very repetitive. Hint: it was a lot. I ripped the soundtrack from this film and tried to place it back faithfully in most cases, but I did take liberties in placing music to fit some scenes better and I completely changed the audio in that part where the woman visits Ogroff's shed. I kid you not, originally it was just the sounds of someone banging on a pot and glass being shifted around. Lastly I re-dubbed some audio and added more sound effects. I do the father's voice. In doing all this I tried hard to keep the original gritty, fun to watch because its so bad, low budget feel while also attempting to make it a bit more watchable.

So without further ado please enjoy Ogroff: Mad Mutilator Re-edit Part 1 :danger:

Also if your feeling really rambunctious then dare to compare my part one with the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1T2...2371B0C242F30B

Feel free to tell me what you thing. I know nothing will ever make this film "good", but I just thought this might be a fun little experiment to share with my fellow horror fans. This is, after all, one of the few places I know where people may actually recognize this film.

www.youtube.com/thedeadarewatching