Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Wolf Creek sucked just another in the long line of modern Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip offs. It was about as lame as it's shitty unlikeable characters.

Will no doubt DL this one and check it out regardless it might be an improvement over the original like Hatchet II. Sure as fuck ain't paying to see it.
I thought Hatchet was better then the sequel but i guess it depends on what you're looking for since Hatchet 2 was so much darker and the story was more developed. I think i was more excited for the first one and that probably helped my decision.

Anyway not to deter this from it's original point, now i'm conflicted on re-watching Wolf Creek. I thought it was really boring the first time i saw it but i like to give movie's second chances sometimes because sometimes i do end up liking them again. Eh, i guess i'll watch it again but i'll push it further back in the line of the movies i have to watch.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Love is like dying

i very much liked it, but i guess not all movies are in everyone's taste, depends on what u are looking for in a movie, but villain give it another go and tell me what u think.i will say it is a very slow burner but give it chance.

Last edited by leezuki; 08-23-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add more to conversation
Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
i very much liked it, but i guess not all movies are in everyone's taste, depends on what u are looking for in a movie, but villain give it another go and tell me what u think.i will say it is a very slow burner but give it chance.
I'll probably end up watching it again. I'll let you know what i think when i do
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Cranky

I thought Wolf Creek was excellent, and it was based on a well publicised case as well.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I thought Wolf Creek was excellent, and it was based on a well publicised case as well.
Yeah there was a delay in it's release due to the fact it might influence the outcome of the court case.

I wanted to like the film but it just fell short for me. There's just so many films in this style in recent years that it's just grown tiresome for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
From The Beyond

I completely agree with Elvis the characters in it were revolting and I gave a round of applause when they were getting killed. I will doubtless watch a sequel and hope for more realistic characters.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
For Vendetta

During promotion of his latest horror flick Needle at the Gold Coast Film Festival, Wolf Creek star John Jarratt spoke about plans for Wolf Creek 2, boasting that fans can anticipate “a lot more action” out of the sequel.

"It's more of a road film this time with a lot of chasing going on everything from cars to horses," the man behind the terrifying Mick Taylor said.

"There's also a chase that ends up back in a cave, his lair. And of course, there's plenty of blood and guts."

Director Greg McLean is returning to the project and seems optimistic about the direction of the film, as the sequel has a budget ten times larger than the original to play with.

"We're getting to throw trucks off cliffs and a bunch of other stuff I can't talk about," McLean revealed.

So, for those of you who had the phrase “head on a stick” tattooed on their psyche, be very very excited for Wolf Creek 2’s 2013 theatrical release.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

Wolf Creek 2

Wolf Creek 2 premiered at the Venice Film Festival this weekend. I wish I'd known, it's not too far from here.

I enjoyed Wolf Creek, no surprises in it but a pretty good psycho-romp I thought.

John Jarrat returns in 2 as the ex-forces Aussie psychopath and I daresay it will be a similar tale of misogyny and torture and much offing in the outback.

Predictably most of the media discussion so far though, has been focussed on director Greg McClean's decision to keep the Rolf Harris song Tie Me Kangaroo Down in the film.

Last edited by Sicknero; 09-03-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
For Vendetta

Thread merged with existing one on same topic. Please do a search before posting a new thread.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Thread merged with existing one on same topic. Please do a search before posting a new thread.
Thanks, and sorry. Still finding my way around.