Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 PM
No, fuck YOU

Holy hell, what a game! This will most likely be the highlight match of this World Cup, and one of the biggest football surprises ever.

1-5 is what Spain usually beat smaller football nations. And this match could have ended 2-7. Damn... Good for this World Cup. Good for all of us. Good God.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM
For Vendetta

Final Scoreline for Match 3:

SPAIN - 1
(Xabi Alonso 27' PK)

NETHERLANDS - 5
(Van Persie 44', 72', Robben 53', 80', De Vrij 64')

The second half will be etched in soccer history. The World Cup Holders were completely massacred and torn to bits by the high Flying Dutchmen on a Friday which is also the 13th. If that dubious penalty kick is taken out, it would have been 5-0.

A very forgettable night for the Spaniards. They will need to pull out a real rabbit from the hat to make it to the next stage now, after this very heavy defeat. This is a pale shadow of the team which lifted the Cup four years ago, and even their superman, Iker Casillas, was completely, utterly overpowered.

BTW, take that all you Spain supporters!!! :danger:

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-13-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM
For Vendetta

Final Scoreline for Match 4:

CHILE - 3
(Sanchez 12', Valdivia 14', Beausejour 92')

AUSTRALIA - 1
(Cahill 35')

Must have been a great game. Sanchez is in great form, and other teams need to watch out for him.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Pirate of Bengal

HA-HA-HA!!

Remember what I said before...:danger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

I predict either Brazil or Spain will win the trophy.
I think none will win this time, even both may get hard time to qualify for the knockout stage/Round Of 16.

Germany, Netherlands, Uruguay & Russia can be the long runners in the tourney.
.................................................. ...........

Btw, " "

Wow! I think I've asked about some love-emotion signs earlier, thanks V...that's really sweet!!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:21 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Holy hell, what a game! This will most likely be the highlight match of this World Cup, and one of the biggest football surprises ever.

1-5 is what Spain usually beat smaller football nations. And this match could have ended 2-7. Damn... Good for this World Cup. Good for all of us. Good God.
Quote:
HA-HA-HA!!

Remember what I said before...
It could have been worse for Spain.

Scoreline might have been 8-2, if Van Persie's thunderbolt didn't hit the side bar, another sizzler from the front was acrobatically stopped by Casillas, and Robben bungled up a great chance in front of the open goal by gently lobbying it into Casillas's hands.

And of course, Torres totally missed out on a great chance in front of the opposing goal as well.

The Brazilian Diego Costa did Spain no favors. Not only was he mediocre in his performance, but his direct headbutt went unnoticed by the referee which warranted a red card. He was also continuously booed by the spectators because he was playing for Spain instead of Brazil.

I suspect he will not make the starting 11 in the next match. Torres should be his ideal replacement.

But yes, last night would have shaken up the entire soccer world. The defending champions getting mauled in such a manner - Netherlands have sent two strong messages out, 1) Beware of the flying Dutchmen, 2) Spain can be beaten and their famed defense can be penetrated, not once/twice but many times.

Spain needs to do some serious damage control, or it's an early exit for them. They need to win both their next matches comprehensively to bring the goal difference under control AND get full points.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-14-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 AM
For Vendetta

Final Scoreline for Match 5:

COLUMBIA - 3
(Armero 5', Gutierrez 58', Rodriguez 93')

GREECE - 0

History lauds the Greeks for their "never-say-die" spirit. Sadly, that can't be said for their soccer team. Listless, demotivated and flat, specially in the last 20-25 minutes, they simply never got going, despite loud cheers for their senior-most player, Karagounis (37, 136 caps).

Columbia just drove their nails (and point) home in the 3rd minute of added time in the second half, when Greece had all but gone on their knees, begging for the match to be stopped.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Pirate of Bengal

My Prediction...:danger:

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!! []

Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
My Prediction...
Too optimistic, R.

I predict a Germany vs Argentina final, or to please the crowds, a Brazil vs Argentina final.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Too optimistic, R.

I predict a Germany vs Argentina final, or to please the crowds, a Brazil vs Argentina final.
Believe me, if Brazil & Argentina can make it to the final then I'll be also one of those happiest football fans in the world...that's a dream-final, man! And about Germany-Argentina...I won't see that for sure! I can't tolerate another 90s final or 2010's brutal outcome anymore.

Thing is, from Italy'90 to South Africa'2010...Argentina disappointed me heavily. And from the recent records, I wanted but actually can't expect promising results from neither Argentina nor Brazil.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 PM
For Vendetta

Final Scoreline for Match 6:

URUGUAY - 1
(Cavani 24' PK)

COSTA RICA - 3
(Campbell 54', Duarte 57', Urena 84')

Wow! Who saw that coming?! The much-fancied Uruguay in practically their home turf getting their socks beaten off?! Must have been one heck of a second half!

And to think they didn't play Luis Suarez because they didn't fancy their opponents highly, and thought it might be a cakewalk. BIG mistake.

------------------------------------------------

Final Scoreline for Match 7:

ENGLAND - 1
(Sturridge 37')

ITALY - 2
(Marchisio 35', Balotelli 50')

Expected result. England's young guns are still a bit raw and the Azurri are way too experienced when it comes to WC finals. Combine that with the red-hot form of Mario Balotelli, and it would have been curtains for the boys across the pond.

Having said that, they couldn't equalise in the next 40 minutes, even with Rooney?! *shaking head*

------------------------------------------------

Final Scoreline for Match 8:

IVORY COAST - 2
(Bony 64', Gervinho 66')

JAPAN - 1
(Honda 16')

Another expected result. Credit to the Japanese for scoring the first goal so early, but the Coast boys are relentless. Two back-to-back goals within 2 minutes says a lot about their firepower. Still, a closer result than they would have expected.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-14-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread