Old 10-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Little Boo

A Blade in the Dark (1983)

One of the classics. The italian directors in the 70s & 80s made brilliantly unique movies with rather low budget. Lamberto Bava of course known as the son of the great Mario Bava.
The movie builds a very thrilling atmosphere with simple means and with some true 80s gore scenes. (The blade through the hand -scene being the most impressive and a few more clumsy but loveable 80s style scenes). Music & acting is top notch for all factors considered. Especially the scenes with piano music.
The plot holds more than you first think.
Very solid movie and a must watch for italo-horror lovers.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Motel Hell

Meat's meat and man's gotta eat!

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-09-2015, 01:21 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

I see why Repo'd likes this for background noise (if I remember correctly). Lots of lovely ambient horror sounds. Great screams and chainsaw noises are so nice.

Bothered by a few things that seem obviously silly. Trucker and survivor running out of the truck rather than staying in it and driving away being one... He couldn't get through the door so they were safer in the truck than running away. Speaking of why the hell did the trucker keep running rather than run to the safety of the car with the girl? And only one person is actually killed with the chainsaw, so the title shouldn't have surrounded it so much. It was rather disappointing.

Other than that though I can really see why so many consider it a classic. I would certainly add it to my list. The family was so fucked up and amusing, great plot twist that was. Effects and scenery were eerie and perfect. And I wish I could hire them to decorate my home. That furniture was absolutely fantastic. (may or may not already have bone wind chimes)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 10-09-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Texas Chain Saw Massacre

I see why Repo'd likes this for background noise (if I remember correctly). Lots of lovely ambient horror sounds. Great screams and chainsaw noises are so nice.

Bothered by a few things that seem obviously silly. Trucker and survivor running out of the truck rather than staying in it and driving away being one... He couldn't get through the door so they were safer in the truck than running away. Speaking of why the hell did the trucker keep running rather than run to the safety of the car with the girl? And only one person is actually killed with the chainsaw, so the title shouldn't have surrounded it so much. It was rather disappointing.

Other than that though I can really see why so many consider it a classic. I would certainly add it to my list. The family was so fucked up and amusing, great plot twist that was. Effects and scenery were eerie and perfect. And I wish I could hire them to decorate my home. That furniture was absolutely fantastic. (may or may not already have bone wind chimes)
I do love the sound of TCM! True, I love everything about that movie but the sound design is one of the things that stands out. The scene with Sally pushing Franklin through the bramble in his wheelchair makes you feel like you are moving through the dark with them. It's brilliant. And then, the almost silent night is ripped apart by the sound of Leatherfaces roaring chainsaw..holy crap, I'm hyperventilating just thinking about it.

The furniture and sets were created by the amazing Robert Burns, who also worked on The Hills have Eyes, Tourist Trap, The Howling, Re-Animator and a slew of other stuff. He was an inspired artist. One of my prize possessions is an autographed photo of the gentleman, whom I was lucky enough to meet somewhere around 2001. That guy was great. RIP, MAN!

As for your RIDICULOUS concerns about what the driver did at the end of the movie... I'm kidding, of course. Yeah, it's natural to question the stupid things that people do. I do it in real life every day and I'm always baffled. However, I would allow for a certain amount of poor decision making when a person is faced with a possible death situation. I've seen people panic and do moronic things in stressful or dangerous moments. I think that when it comes to horror films, and the inevitable "why the hell would they do that?" question, I just say, "hey, they were scared". Knowing a little bit about human nature, I think that will suffice.

Glad you watched the flick, Roi! The Saw Is Family!!
Old 10-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Motel Hell

Meat's meat and man's gotta eat!

One of my favorites.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Penthouse Pauper

The Toolbox Murders- 1978.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:28 PM
病気の

The Thing, 1982. 9/10

Thumb resize.

Macready!
Old 10-11-2015, 04:46 PM

CLOWNHOUSE 1989

Three escaped mental patients, disguised as clowns, break into the house of three young boys home alone.

It was alright. A little bit sappy but not in a horrible way.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Friday the 13th part 3
Old 10-13-2015, 11:23 AM
The Original Copycat

Pieces.

" Bastard! Baaaaasssstard! Basssssss-tarrrrrrd!!!"