Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Lizard in a Woman's Skin (1971) - good early thriller
Dont Torture A Duckling (1972) - one of fulci's best movies
The Black Cat (1981) - david warbeck, patrick magee & al cliver - wasted opportunity
Manhattan Baby (1982) - yikes
Murder-Rock: Dancing Dead (1984) - fame meets giallo
Aenigma (1987) - snails ffs
Touch of Death (1988) - enjoyable nonsense
A Cat In The Brain (1990) - great poster :cool:
Demonia (1990) - so many better "nun" movies
Voices From Beyond (1991) - not awful, not good

sodom's ghost - yuh
house of clocks & sweet house of horrors - better than lenzi's contribution, not saying much
Old 08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
For Vendetta

Thanks, Z.

Now it would be interesting to hear what Elvis thinks of them. He is a pretty big Fulci fan.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Pirate of Bengal

damn! I have seen very few Luci films..his mostly talked about movies as follows The Beyond, Zombie 2, House by the Cometary and New York Reaper.

But I hope soon I'll have a chance to watch somewhere The Psychic aka Seven Notes in Black.:cool:
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Hellraiser

The Fulci I've seen other than the big 4 (Zombie, City of the living dead, The Beyond and House by the Cemetery) are:

New York Ripper- Not really my bag. I enjoy some of the gore and the duck voice killer is good for a couple of quizzical laughs. The seedy NYC milieu is impressively conveyed, but I felt it to be a little listless overall.

Aenigma- I was pretty drunk when I watched this, but I remember it having a great deal more of the old school Fulci visual sensibility than most of his other latter work. Very dark and mysterious film. The snail scene is excruciating!

Manhattan Baby- Great opening, then right down the toilet. Nonsensical, goreless and featuring more Giovanni Frezza than I could handle.

Conquest- Sub-par but very amusing Conan knock off. One of his worst looking films. It's so gauzy I would almost belive the whole thing was shot with a thin veneer of silk over the camera.

The Psychic- This is a masterfully executed little mystery film. It's the first time Fulci collaborated with screenwriter Dardano Sachetti and cinematographer Sergio Salvati, the duo who would go on to contribute so much to his golden era.

The Black Cat- Well shot, cool movie. No amazing gore really, but full of atmosphere and a really bizarre performance from the dude Alex beat up in A Clockwork Orange. Really fun stuff. Great cat filming!

House of Clocks- El cheapo TV garbage with Al Cliver. Kind of interesting, but not really.

Cat in the Brain-Sleazy, disjointed and plagiaristic(even of himself!). A lot of gorehounds act like this is some brilliant dissertation on Fulci the artist, I just think he was a crabby, sick old man trying to scrape together a movie with footage from older ones. Still fun though.

I own Perversion story and Duckling, but haven't watched them yet.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
What about Four Of the Apocalypse and Conquest?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
For Vendetta

They are not horror, ergo not included.

And thanks for the wonderful descriptions, shloggs.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Hellraiser

I forgot to put Demonia in the list I wrote, which should serve as an indication of how memorable it is. A poorly executed, yet amusing scene of a guy ripped apart is all I can recall.

I recently got and watched Horrible AKA Absurd AKA Grim Reaper 2 AKA about a million other titles. I'm a big Anthropophagous fan, but this film was pretty much a letdown. Anthro was slow and meandering and had bad acting and effects, but it also had atmosphere and power and shock value. Eastman was a sight to behold despite the crudity of his makeup job. Horrible has some gore, but nothing as shocking and tasteless as in Anthro. The atmosphere is nil due to terrible lighting and dull locations. The movie seems to have been shot in a broom closet, the producers house and on a service road. Even good ol' Luigi Montefiorre's presence is somewhat muted by the decision to have him go sans makeup wearing blue jeans and what appears to be a dickies work shirt. Rather uninspired.

The ending was kinda fun though.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Hellraiser

Also, thanks V for the kind words!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shloggs View Post
I recently got and watched Horrible AKA Absurd AKA Grim Reaper 2 AKA about a million other titles.
don't start listing joe's movies

and certainly not mr franco's

:eek:
Old 08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

how about big stars in unknown horror films ?

- tom hanks : He Knows You Are Alone
- Kevin Costner - shadows run black

hmmm cant think of anymore (unknown films being the key)