Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

The Wolfman [2010]...not bad..some good gore....a bit overboard on the ending..some crappy CGI...some not so.

From Paris With Love----John Travolta at his over-the-top best....put the mind on hold and enjoy the action.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

Kick Ass

Extremely entertaining subversion of the genre.The violence was fantastically staged and the soundtrack selection/placement added a neat touch. 9/10
Old 06-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Bad Natured

Alien Raiders (2008). Like the slow kid in class, these guys didn't have it takes to get a high score, but instead you end up cheering them on for all of their hard work to get that passing score. This was obviously a low budget flick, but instead of degenerating into a low-class splatter-fest, everyone took this one seriously, gave there best efforts, and in turn churned out a most enjoyable sci-fi. The acting was rather good for such an affair, with not a slouch in the bunch. First time director Ben Rock shows that he is more than adept at getting a story to unfold with perfect pacing and such. Inventive camera work is used to compensate for lack of dough, but this does not detract us from the story. All in all this is a worthy flick that should serve as another testament as to what filmmakers can achieve with a limited number of clams. Merci beaucoup.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Evil Dead

Kaw- a pretty decent killer raven movie,well there infected with like a mad cow meat an makes them go mad but still a good decent flick worth watching

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH
http://www.art-of-typh.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Evil Dead

Book of Eli: Starting off I was quite excited. The way the movie was filmed/post-processed for about the first third was amazing. Then it seems to just throw that style out and go full Hollywood. The story is pretty good, but there are some massive holes in the plot. Ignore those and it's a fun enough watch though.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
For Vendetta

Those looking for a mindless CGI actioner will not be disappointed. Jerry Bruckheimer pulls off a "Sinbad movies"-clone, in terms of production values and cinematography. Jake fills the Prince's shoes quite effectively, and Gemma is very charming. The rest are forgettable, which is a letdown. Half-decent script, adept direction, loud background music...and CGI.

Not much substance, but plenty of style and brimming with effects. Fans of the games, like me, will be very disappointed. A lost potential, but still a watchable flick. Get some popcorn and put your brains on the shelf. All in all, a perfect summer blockbuster, and a far-from-perfect game adaptation.

* * ½

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-04-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Salem's Lot (1979)

Awesome! One of the superb modern day vampire tales, very creepy & atmospheric.

>>: A

Pet Sematary (1989)

Though it was my probably 3rd/4th viewing of the film after a long time but still the death scene of little Gage is very upsetting to watch, cause it was wonderfully done.

>>: A-

Warlock (1991)

Decently funny.

>>: B

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

>>: A-
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Midnight toker

Pi: Intrusive, claustrophobic exploration of an obsessed mind. Probably not half as intelligant as it would have you believe but its a very well shot and enjoyable Sci-Fi.

Alice in Wonderland: I don't really have any previous experiance with the original story/ stories, beyond the sort of knowledge that one collects naturally over the years. I probably knew enough about Alice to tell people I read the book as a child, but I really have no memory of ever reading it. So I went into this one with pretty much no expectations and still managed to feel like I was watching something well removed from the original source material. I could be well wrong here though. Nothing about this movie managed to draw me in, at any point. I know I'm not exactly the target audiance, but I didn't find it engaging at all. Acting was so-so and the story was pretty much a by the numbers fantasy- action film. The absurd seemed contrived and flat and the 'big' action moments were pretty small.

SPOILER BELOW:

As I said above, I'm not all that familiar with the source material, but is this supposed to be a story about a 19 year old girl? Any sort of childlike innocence and sense of adventure, I was expecting to find, was lost right there. I found the whole experiance kinda cringeworthy, right up to the point Alice came trotting out in full body armour for the final battle. Of course she wasn't wearing a helmet, we need to see that pretty face, don't we?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Scares Little Kids

Last 5 films i watched are

The Flock :)
The Mist :)
Awake :yawn: found it boring
Midnight meat train ..Liked this one ;)
The Ruins :)
Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Undead

Gamer

Jeepers Creepers