Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: WHo should win the Emmy?
South Park's Imagionationland Trilogy 16 84.21%
Family Guy's Blue Harvest (Star Wars Spoof) 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Might I ask why you hate Family Guy so much?
1. How inconsistent the characters are. Where the fuck did the "Everybody hates Meg" come from? Since when is Stewie gay?
2. Musical numbers. I get it, Seth is a good singer. An occasional one is fine, but fuck.
3. Exact recreations just replacing characters. Like the Dazed and Confused gag with Brian.
4. How badly written it is.
5. About 98% of the jokes are people falling or spoofing a celebrity.
6. That it's responsible for American Dad.
7. That it came back and Futurama didn't.
8. They think rape is funny.
9. Stewie is a copy of Jimmy Corigan.
10. The flashbacks often have NOTHING to do with the stories. You can take all of the gags from one episode and swap them with another and someone who hasn't seen either episode before wouldn't know there was a difference.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
1. How inconsistent the characters are. Where the fuck did the "Everybody hates Meg" come from? Since when is Stewie gay?
2. Musical numbers. I get it, Seth is a good singer. An occasional one is fine, but fuck.
3. Exact recreations just replacing characters. Like the Dazed and Confused gag with Brian.
4. How badly written it is.
5. About 98% of the jokes are people falling or spoofing a celebrity.
6. That it's responsible for American Dad.
7. That it came back and Futurama didn't.
8. They think rape is funny.
9. Stewie is a copy of Jimmy Corigan.
10. The flashbacks often have NOTHING to do with the stories. You can take all of the gags from one episode and swap them with another and someone who hasn't seen either episode before wouldn't know there was a difference.
Those are the beauties of it (excluding number 8).

1. From the beginning, everyone at her school hated meg, it just slowly started shining through to the family. And Stewie has changed as he's aged. He's become a more pronounced character and he's becoming gay as time moves on. If you watch them in order it makes him gayer and gayer as time goes by, not just one episode he's suddenly a huge queer.

2. In relation to the amount of episodes there are, musical numbers aren't that many.

3. Well, they make people laugh.

4. Needs more backing up.

5. They do it well. They find something about them and caricature it, and the falling is always comical. Whether he's doing the drawing out the pain thing, which everybody knows somebody who does it, or they find a situation where it fits.

6. If it's good enough to get the creators to make a whole new show which too is loved by many, it's gotta be doing something right.

7. Blame Matt Groening and his team for that. They've got the power.

8. Fair enough point.

9. Care to elaborate?

10. That's their uniqueness. Better than having just an exact copy of another show. They decided to do something original and people like it for that.

@Freak - Yeh, that is a pretty good achievement. But not only did it do that, it did it twice.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Those are the beauties of it (excluding number 8).

1. From the beginning, everyone at her school hated meg, it just slowly started shining through to the family. And Stewie has changed as he's aged. He's become a more pronounced character and he's becoming gay as time moves on. If you watch them in order it makes him gayer and gayer as time goes by, not just one episode he's suddenly a huge queer.

2. In relation to the amount of episodes there are, musical numbers aren't that many.

3. Well, they make people laugh.

4. Needs more backing up.

5. They do it well. They find something about them and caricature it, and the falling is always comical. Whether he's doing the drawing out the pain thing, which everybody knows somebody who does it, or they find a situation where it fits.

6. If it's good enough to get the creators to make a whole new show which too is loved by many, it's gotta be doing something right.

7. Blame Matt Groening and his team for that. They've got the power.

8. Fair enough point.

9. Care to elaborate?

10. That's their uniqueness. Better than having just an exact copy of another show. They decided to do something original and people like it for that.

@Freak - Yeh, that is a pretty good achievement. But not only did it do that, it did it twice.
1. In the beginning episode the family was sweet to Meg as soon as it came back on the air they were willing to let her die.

2. I'd say there's an average of at least 1 every 3 or 4 episodes.

3. Not me...

4. The episode where Lois got fat (really Lois in general is TERRIBLY written) "It's his fault I'm eating, he won't touch me!" We didn't need you to say that, we understood it the first time, and why is she saying to the rolls?

5.Are we watching the same show?

6. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Once again this is why I hate it. Not why I think other people should hate it.

7. No they don't...

8. ...

9. Google it.

10.They're unique for opting to use a terrible gimmick?
Jesus, arguing this is like the time I sat naked on the planes they hijacked on 9/11 with Connie Chung!
*Clip of me naked on a plane with Connie Chung*
Me: Hey Connie Chung! Want some tea?
Connie Chung...
*Cat leaps out of nowhere and scratches Connie Chung. Terrorist enters frame.*
*Musical number about terrorists and cats*
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
Good for you, too bad you have no taste.

If me hating Family Guy = me having no taste? I guess it IS too bad then.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
I think Family Guy can be entertaining sometimes, but in my opinion it's a little overrated. South Park definitely fits my sense of humor more. I loved that they brought back the Woodland Critters for Imagination Land.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Cranky

I'm not very fond of Family Guy either. I think Stewie is a great character, but overall the episodes only make me chuckle occasionally. Southpark gets the huge belly laughs from me, every episode. I love seeing who or what they're going to tackle each time. Hell, they even made fun of Chris Reeves.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I fucking hate Family Guy, it's gaddamned garbage. South Park.
agreed.

imagination land

Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Fear scented candle

I loved family guy back when it first aired. The radnomness was new then, and South park was still more about shock value than anything. Family Guy accomplished something big when it was brought back, but it wound up like pet semetary, what came back was changed (some would say evil). Now it is a mindless zombie compared to what it was.

In contrast, South Park has matured. their balls have grown, and so has their insightfulness.I am impressed that they can still shock me, jaded as i am. Watch Stanley's Cup (season 11 finale), the end caught me completely of guard.
Plus, it is just about the only thing that can come close to offend me in my adult life. I love that.