Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Hellraiser

Leprechaun

So what does anybody think about the leprechaun films? 6 of them! Jeez, there shouldn't have even been 1 in my opinion. But maybe I'm missing something on a particular level?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Synthetic Flesh

I bought a box set of the first 3 for about $17 AUD. Started watching the first one about 1 year ago whilst at work, but I couldn't really get into it. The Leprechaun's jokes didn't strike me as particularly funny...

I guess I should give it another go, but I never seem to get around to it. So I really can't speak with any authority, and if I was in a different frame of mind I probably would have been much more open to it...
Old 06-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Misanthrope

The 3rd one is the best in that set the other two sucked.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Undead

I never liked this series either. Like you guys already said, the guy wasnt funny, and the story wasn't interesting. I remember liking number 2 for awhile, but that was because of the actress in the film. I haven't seen it in years, and I dont even remember her name. Very forgettable film/series.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Hellraiser

The one I will never forget is the number 5 which is called leprechaun in tha hood! Terrible in every way. It stars Ice T as a baddass rapper agent, donning a pear of golfing trousers, gold medalion, 4 foot afro with a comb still in it, and 16 inch platform shoes! Granted he doesn't wear them the entire film, but he just shouldn't have worn them at all!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:28 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Nothing really above a 'C' caliber film in this franchise and there's only a couple in the C range. Most are 'D' grades as far as I'm concerned...

Leprechaun - Pretty lame. Why the hell must he shine every shoe he sees?

Leprechaun 2 - Also pretty lame plus you can throw in a total lack of continuity here.

Leprechaun 3 (In Vegas) - This is the best in the franchise in my opinion, as it actually does have some humor & decent gore included.

Leprechaun 4 (In space) - Back to sucking again.

Leprechaun in tha Hood - Utter crap. Terrible from start to finish & not even remotely funny. Turn it off before Leprechaun raps at the end.

Leprechaun Back 2 tha Hood - This is actually quite a bit better than Lep. in the Hood. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is the second best film in the franchise, bu that doesn't mean it's not a pretty weak movie still.

All in all, this franchise is mediocre-bad at best. Lep 3 was pretty entertaining, as was Back to the Hood, but other than those two the Leprchaun franchise doesn't have a whole lot going for it.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Hellraiser

i like the films, the 1 in space is the only 1 to me that was pure crap, also the 1st one in the hood was borderline crap. 1st n last are the better ones, 3's good too. Id like another 1.............. The little lep cracks me up at times. He's also awsome in Willow.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I'M 37!!!

I didn't mind the first 3 Leprechaun movies. I didn't think they were as bad as people were proclaiming them to be, and, though they surely did have so many flaws, they did keep me mildly entertained. The rest were crap (though the Hood's weren't as bad as I thought it was going to be).

Leprechaun, Leprechaun 2, and Leprechaun 3 all received 3/5. Leprechaun 4 got 0/5. And both of the Hood's got 2.5/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Therapy?

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Nothing really above a 'C' caliber film in this franchise and there's only a couple in the C range. Most are 'D' grades as far as I'm concerned...

Leprechaun - Pretty lame. Why the hell must he shine every shoe he sees?

Leprechaun 2 - Also pretty lame plus you can throw in a total lack of continuity here.

Leprechaun 3 (In Vegas) - This is the best in the franchise in my opinion, as it actually does have some humor & decent gore included.

Leprechaun 4 (In space) - Back to sucking again.

Leprechaun in tha Hood - Utter crap. Terrible from start to finish & not even remotely funny. Turn it off before Leprechaun raps at the end.

Leprechaun Back 2 tha Hood - This is actually quite a bit better than Lep. in the Hood. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is the second best film in the franchise, bu that doesn't mean it's not a pretty weak movie still.

All in all, this franchise is mediocre-bad at best. Lep 3 was pretty entertaining, as was Back to the Hood, but other than those two the Leprchaun franchise doesn't have a whole lot going for it.
I agree with that list.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Tenant

They suck, it's an idea that could have been good. The only problem is, it wasn't.

I mean, come on: In Space? Back 2 Tha Hood?!