Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2015, 01:31 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

This topic seems a bit redundant but I'll indulge.

I haven't seen all the Elm Street films, but from the first few I have, they're all about the same to me. Freddy's style of killing isn't my preferred. Like shooting fish in a barrel if you can get them in their sleep.

Fri13th I just love them all. Some more than others, but I can't think of one out of the lot that I wouldn't watch again.

Same for Hellraiser, but Inferno, Hellseeker, and Deader... The first was kind of interesting, although it took FOREVER to go anywhere, but then they did it again for 2 more sequels? Why? It was predictable overkill and just boring. And Revelations I just couldn't get behind. The story and characters were okay, but it didn't have the same feel, and I didn't care for Pinhead for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Im with you on Hellraiser. Im an addict, so I watch them all the way through a handful of times a year.

As for Freddy and Jason, I am a slasher fan. I love all the gore and fun, I mean how could you not like Jason wrapping a girl up in her sleeping bag and beating her against a tree.
Including Revelations, Jake? I couldn't take Pinhead seriously without Doug behind the makeup myself. Believe me I tried.

Omg I'm not the only one who loved that scene. XD
JasonX is worth watching for that alone. I couldn't stop laughing. Dad thought I was fucking nuts.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Indie Games & Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Including Revelations, Jake? I couldn't take Pinhead seriously without Doug behind the makeup myself. Believe me I tried.

Good god! I didn't know they got a different actor for that one! Jesus that's weird.

Quote:
Omg I'm not the only one who loved that scene. XD
JasonX is worth watching for that alone. I couldn't stop laughing. Dad thought I was fucking nuts.
That was probably the best kill of the series, even if the movie was so weird. Jason X wasn't a bad movie in my opinion, but it was basically like a comic book movie with a bunch of murders.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:25 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe @ AltInn Games View Post

Good god! I didn't know they got a different actor for that one! Jesus that's weird.
Please tell me you're kidding. XD

Quote:
That was probably the best kill of the series, even if the movie was so weird. Jason X wasn't a bad movie in my opinion, but it was basically like a comic book movie with a bunch of murders.
Agreed. I was actually getting pretty hyped over it. The beginning was smart enough and intense, but somewhere along the line I got bored. That "death" (they were holograms) scene brought me back to full attention though.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:

LOL they set up a Dunkin Donuts in hell?

Old 05-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Indie Games & Horror

Quote:
Please tell me you're kidding. XD
I never saw it haha. Didn't pay attention to posters and etc well enough to see it was another guy.