Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Baby Entombed Alive In Concrete

Baby Entombed Alive In Concrete

UK - A baby found entombed in a block of concrete was unlawfully killed, a coroner recorded on Monday.

The unidentified baby girl, thought to be aged between four and six months old, was beaten and may have been sexually abused, an inquest heard.

A hearing at Workington Magistrates' Court in Cumbria also heard how the baby was still alive when entombed.

Her tiny body lay undiscovered for at least 15 years until the block was cracked open in a garage in 2002.

A Worcestershire couple who were arrested last year in connection with the baby's death were later released without charge.

The victim has never been identified. A post-mortem examination showed she had suffered a fractured skull, bruising to the abdomen and may have also been sexually abused.

She had been struck in the face with such force she developed an abscess in her jaw which would have left her in "extreme pain" at the time of her death.

Home Office pathologist Alison Armour recovered traces of food in the child's throat suggesting she was alive when submerged in the wet cement.

The inquest heard from construction experts who said the child's tomb was made from two separate cement pourings.

This meant the killer had placed the child head first in the mixture, left her for several minutes before returning later to add more concrete, the inquest heard.

The infant, named Lara by police, was discovered in a garage in the Barepot area of Workington.

Her remains were found when the building's new owner decided to dismantle the concrete block.

Detective Chief Insp Andy Carter, who led the inquiry, described how the decaying remains appeared grey and similar to "dark coloured putty" when discovered.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
Hey this could start a whole new thing?

Baby Jello Molds?
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Banned

Well, they’ll stone you and say that it’s the end.
Then they’ll stone you and then they’ll come back again.
They’ll stone you when you’re riding in your car.
They’ll stone you when you’re playing your guitar.
Yes, but I would not feel so all alone,
Everybody must get stoned.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
New rule...

No more dead baby threads. They make my inner child shit his pants.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Evil Dead

SCARYMINDA15

THIS IS EVEN MORE OF A SHAME THAN THE FISH DEATH HOW COULD SOMEONE DO SUCH A THING TO A BABY IS JUST WRONG AND WHY DO PEOPLE THROW AWAY THERE BABIES AWAY THEY SHOULD AT LEAST LEAVE THEM ON A RESIDENT'S HOUSE WITH A NAME OF YOURS AND THE BABY'S SO THE BABY CAN BE LOVED UNTIL YOU AS A PARENT CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM.THEY SHOULD MAKE A PROGRAM FOR THE PARENTS WHO WANT THEIR BABIES BUT CAN'T AFFORD THEM BUT THEY SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO KEEP THEM. BECAUSE USING ADOPTION YOU MAY NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.