Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Evil Dead

"Revolt At Fort Laramie" (1957)
-John Dehmer
Plot: IMDB
It's just prior to the Civil War and Fort Laramie's problem is the Sioux Indians. When it is announced that war has been declared the fort becomes divided between northerners and southerners. The fort Commander and the southerners resign and head south. But they have to go through Sioux territory and are soon attacked. A messenger gets back to the fort to relate their hopeless condition and the new northern commanded must decide what to do.

Phantom's Review: Decent, little "B" western. The film has a couple of good action scenes and the acting is all right. It's not a great movie by any standards but it is entertaining. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Evil Puppy

The Fury

Still love that final scene...
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Evil Dead

Per suggestion from this site. I sought out the Phantasm series. I had already seen the original awhile ago and was told that the series was good. I found the second one yesterday and watched it tonight. I did enjoy it a lot. :) I will be trying to find find III next.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Evil Dead

"Alligator" (1980)
_Robert Forester, Robin Riker

Plot: IMDB
A baby alligator is flushed down a Chicago toilet and survives by eating discarded lab rats, injected with growth hormones. The small animal grows gigantic, escapes the city sewers, and goes on a rampage.

Phantom's Review: What can I say, I love this film. I saw it in theaters way back in "80, thought it was a blast. Many years later I saw it again and still loved it. Terrific acting from both leads, and the supporting cast is made up of some fine character actors. The script is fun, filled with plenty of humor and lots of monster action and scares. Not exactly a classic, but a great way to spend an evening, especially with friends.

Last edited by phantomstranger; 03-07-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Evil Puppy

Hell of the Living Dead
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Evil Dead

The Evil Dead.

Never gets old.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Evil Dead

Dead of Night (1977)

Another horror anthology movie, Not to be confused with the 1945 version with the same title (which is also an anthology),

First story, I was watching on my Phone, While I was on the Bus, as the movie is on you tube.

Second Chance" I not sure think of this story, it did make me think for few hours after wards ,I liked how the story flowed.

This man buys classic car and fix up and then takes for Drive only find out that he as somehow went back in time.

While back time, The Car he was driving is taken by someone, who he tries stop, soon walks back and then wake up , Knowing he back in really time.

He falls love with Girl he never noticed before (That was first hint) Which I didn't get at the time but as the story went, it made more sense.

I thought this was very decent story, it wasn't scary at all but It' did make we think and the acting was really good.

Next story No Such Thing as a Vampire"

(I hope I don't sound like broken record, As you know i am not big fan vamps movie)

Patrick Macnee as a doctor whose wife is suffering from the symptoms of vampire attacks.

I found this story decent, there were some cool decent and creepy moment in this short that made really well.

The music in this segment was okay as it added bit more creepy feel to the story and I really enjoyed how the story came to a end

Bobby - (This is where Trilogy of terror 2 got this from)
This is was lot more slowly paced then ^ Movie named there and it did have bit more creepy feel to it.

I liked how they try not show the face of kids though out the segment, it makes it feel a lot more darker,

I loved end of this short, now that is what you call decent Demon face, as that looks at more scary, then end of Trilogy of terror 2 Bobby segment.

7 out of 10

Really good anthology

Which of Bobby's Demon Face looks better

or
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Community (2012)

Wow! I've just found another one..:D..! Anyway, not bad but needed a better ending.

>>; B-

Smile Before Death (1972)

Kinda slow & very low in body count but a fairly twisted Giallo.

>>: B

Amuck (1972)

I was eagerly looking forward to see this one as it's got two of my favorite 70's Euro hottie--Barbara Bouchet and Rosalba Neri! And finally found it on youtube (there's some really cool Giallo channels in youtube!). Slightly disappointed as it turned out just an erotic thriller, not a Giallo. But still worth a watch for just Bouchet & Neri.

>>: B-

What Are Those Strange Drops of Blood Doing on Jennifer's Body? (1972)

I think I have already seen this one before!

>>: B+
Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Poltergeist 3" 6-7/10

The build-up and setting was great, but as soon as Carol-Ann escaped the apartment everything went down hill. For shame..

And wtf happened to the boyfriend? WHO CARES!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Banned

Invasion U.S.A.

been awhile ....still a fun over the top watch