Old 05-15-2021, 05:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Had some friends over for the first time in FOREVER and decided to take my cheeseboard skills up to 11. Pretty proud of this.
We both strongly approve.
I see you have some kind of chutney (perhaps?) there...love the combination of the kind of sweet/tart/spicy/tangy with this kind of layout.

Have you ever tried a spicy balsamic glaze to pair with your soft cheeses?

Spal made this the other day and it was ridiculously good...here is the recipe she wrote up if anyone's inclined:

Here's that garlic prawn pasta I made last night.
Pappardelle Pasta
Sauce - alot of garlic, olive oil, butter, smokey paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, cream, tomberries, corn.
Fried the garlic up a little in oil, then turned the heat down, added the remaining ingredients, cream last and simmered it altogether .
Prawns - salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, high heat fry pan.
Once these were fried I added the pasta and sauce, high heat to thicken and added more parsley to it at the end.
Adult sauce had some Truff added for spice, Rivers not ready for that haha.

This was literally perfection for a cold night...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 184801487_10159127324209449_6854728219467714228_n.jpg (40.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
We both strongly approve.
I see you have some kind of chutney (perhaps?) there...love the combination of the kind of sweet/tart/spicy/tangy with this kind of layout.

Have you ever tried a spicy balsamic glaze to pair with your soft cheeses?

Spal made this the other day and it was ridiculously good...here is the recipe she wrote up if anyone's inclined:
Yeah, had tomato chutney and Victorian chutney, often include some piccalilli (not sure if that's eaten much outside of the UK) and caramelised onion chutney. Tend to have a little bottle of balsamic glaze but not tried that spicy, but sounds great. I'll have to give it a go next time.

That pasta looks incredible. My fiancé adores anything that combines garlic and prawn so I'll be adding this to our repertoire. Do send my thanks to Spalalalalala (can't remember how many las were customary).

The Ferrets like it...