Old 07-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Cranky

Another great obscure film is Night of the Bloody Apes. It's the dubbed version of a Mexican horror film that includes masked female wrestlers, footage of actual open heart surgery, a monster that is nothing more than a guy wearing a gorilla mask, topless females and a gory eye gouging sequence.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Another great obscure film is Night of the Bloody Apes. It's the dubbed version of a Mexican horror film that includes masked female wrestlers, footage of actual open heart surgery, a monster that is nothing more than a guy wearing a gorilla mask, topless females and a gory eye gouging sequence.
I actually have that movie downloaded. Definitely gonna have to watch it.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Great Movie - coulda done with some wrasslin' the ape scenes though. The film was actually banned in the UK during the video nasty era (I have a UK ex-rental copy of the VHS - which may be worth a few quid). The film is pretty much a remake of the directors earlier (though less violent), Doctor of Doom which also a UK release.

The director's son also made some great exploitation films which got UK VHS releases that are probably pretty obscure now (but I image still on DVD) like the excellent, Guyana: Crime of the Century (a Jim Jones biopic in everything but name) and Survive (Another biopic about cannibal rugby players).

A lot of very obscure horror has not come out on DVD like Incubus - the William Shatner horror filmed entirely in Esperanto. However I don't think DEAFULA has yet to be released for the digital age:

Old 07-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Cranky

I've seen Incubus. Crazy movie.

I'd love to see Deafula!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Evil Dead

Dracula's Dog(1977)

And it really lived up to it's name.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM
DeaditeDave

Awesome 90s French Horror '3615 Code Pere Noel'

Awesome late 80s french horror movie '3615 code pere noel' i think it's 'Game Over' in the us. Anyway, great movie, saw it as a kid and it scared me for years. If you haven't seen it I definitely recommend it. Hard to find. I have it on VHS and made a dvd copy of it, but it took me years to find the VHS copy. you can watch the whole movie on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EL9xgQOcs

Last edited by DeaditeDave; 07-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaditeDave View Post
Awesome late 80s french horror movie '3615 code pere noel' i think it's 'Game Over' in the us. Anyway, great movie, saw it as a kid and it scared me for years. If you haven't seen it I definitely recommend it. Hard to find. I have it on VHS and made a dvd copy of it, but it took me years to find the VHS copy. you can watch the whole movie on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EL9xgQOcs
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a whirl. Good first post.

Just curious, how did you manage to see such an obscure movie as a kid? Were your parents into trippy stuff, and are you French?