Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
I work in a hospital. It's been a really difficult time. I just started a couple of weeks ago & feel totally lost sometimes. They just gave me my own N-95 mask about a week ago because they were so scarce. I'm not allowed to take it out of the hospital. I have to wear a face mask at all times when I'm in the hospital. I have basically been going to work and straight home, nothing else. I watched a co-worker have a breakdown when they tried to send her into one of the patient rooms the other night. I could understand because her husband already has COPD. They sent her home. I decided to dedicate my off time to watching horror movies again, in an attempt to get my mind off things. If you've seen anything especially good lately, feel free to send it my way. I missed some of you.
Good to hear from ya, SerialKiller! So what is your new job at the Hospital? I've had 3 different jobs at two different hospitals.

New good horror movies? Well, this isn't super new but folks have liked Heredity, if you haven't already seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Bit of an odd question. Does anyone know anybody personally that has been infected....a family member or friend? I don't. Just curious.
Yes, I have a buddy in Chicago that has been diagnose with covid19, he's at home.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-06-2020 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:41 PM
I am the turtle lord

Thoughts on Coronavirus.

Hmmmm, bullshit. :)

I've been put out of work till may 1st, right when I finally moved into my own place. As for masks, don't bother they don't work anyway.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Good to hear from ya, SerialKiller! So what is your new job at the Hospital? I've had 3 different jobs at two different hospitals.

New good horror movies? Well, this isn't super new but folks have liked Heredity, if you haven't already seen it.

Yes, I have a buddy in Chicago that has been diagnose with covid19, he's at home.
Phlebotomist. Once this virus ends, I'd like to finish school to become a medical assistant. I have not seen Heredity yet, so I will give it a go.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:30 AM
Immortal horror fan

The thing I'm curious about is why everyone talks about the N95 so much when there are 99 and 100 versions. Also different versions that will block other materials. Plus the actual gas mask. All I hear is N95 everywhere.

Also, in Adventures in Getting Supplies Part 2:

I got to the store early to get some supplies. I thought I was being smart. They were lined up at a few minutes before 7AM! The store was still out of some supplies. I saw some people wearing masks. Some not. Store workers talking about how the company wasn't their life.

Once I left there wasn't a line at all. It was just like driving to work. Go too early and rush hour. Leave a bit later and smooth driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Just had a bad dream about Covid mutating and becoming a zombie virus.
I had one a few days ago. I don't think I posted about it because I might use the idea one day. The virus was actually attempting to get in my house!

It's so sad how this could have been prevented. We are now getting more information about how this was handled early on. Plus we are seeing how sick the Republicans and so called Supreme Court are by how they handled voting in I believe Wisconsin.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 AM
I am the turtle lord

Luckily I shot a deer last season. Every time I look for any ground beef at the store it's gone. I like my hamburger you people. And why are people buying up lemon juice.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:14 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Luckily I shot a deer last season. Every time I look for any ground beef at the store it's gone. I like my hamburger you people. And why are people buying up lemon juice.
People may be buying lemon juice as some type of cleaner/sanitizer is the only thing i can think of.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:56 AM
I am the turtle lord

People please leave me some lemon juice. I needs it for my tea.
Bastards.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Immortal horror fan

Vietnam Store with mask sign.

We need these here.

I hate how people talk about "new normal" because normal is different for everybody. I bet parts of the United States will become like Asia where wearing masks is fashionable.

Of course here in the United States people might take advantage of that and commit more robberies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vietnam Store Mask Sign.jpg (35.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:20 AM
This is a test

Yeah, the "new normal" phrase bugs me too. Why do we always feel the need to name things or come up with a catchphrase?
Old 04-09-2020, 06:33 AM
I am the turtle lord

Yeah, I just got a job at publix yesterday. They say that too. I'm thinking in my mind, christ shut up. I still don't get it, we sanitize everything at the store but here's the problem. What about the products that have been touched, sneezed, and coughed on by customers?

Edit: oh yeah we started stocking toilet paper and paper towels on the empty shelves, then it was like something out of dawn if the dead. One person peered down the aisle and then another, then another, then every customer in the store came down each side like a wave of horror. So much for social distancing. Pffft

I vote that all personnel get to carry cattle prods

Last edited by anglewitch; 04-09-2020 at 06:39 AM.