Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Horror Movie Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to GoreHound13
Finished all Saw movies up to 6, tonight Friday the 13th fest.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Bad Natured

Lo (2009). What Lo lacks in financial backing it makes up with extreme originality in order to tell its story. Pitfalls are turned into opportunities, making business moguls jealous of its commerce of fiscal efficiency. The result is not perfect, but wickedly entertaining nonetheless. The script is the first step towards admiration or atrocity, with Lo hurdling over the trappings of disaster with its high school simplicity done fabulously right. The acting was surprisingly good, with the beast's humorous sentiments only to be challenged by our hero's facial contortions ala the school of Bruce Campbell. Direction is admirably industrious with its paucity of resources. Where production values are woeful, such as sound, lighting, etc, the audience is moved to forgiveness as the efforts and seriousness given to this fun little number overcome its scant budget. In short, Lo gives proof that CGI is not the future of cinema and may at times be its atrophy. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
For Vendetta

Hardcore Potter fans will be delighted, and critics should feel wow-ed. The latest installment of Harry Potter is (I daresay) the best of the lot yet. The final quest to defeat Voldemort takes plenty of strange and delightful turns, and David Yates makes sure we are on the edge of our seats as each unique Horcrux unfolds, along with breath-taking chases, fight sequences and fantastic moments which really compliment the pacy script.

Bet the climactic episode next summer will kick some equally serious butt. Go, watch this one in theaters while it's red hot.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Horror Movie Fanatic

passed out watching Dark Harvest 3 last night lol so Fraday the 13th fest starts today lol
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
spirits B gone

Thumbs down

Unfortunately, I fell asleep watching Jaws the Revenge. I know why did I even bother and why didn't they just stop at JAWS?!:confused:
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Horror Movie Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by good vs evil View Post
Unfortunately, I fell asleep watching Jaws the Revenge. I know why did I even bother and why didn't they just stop at JAWS?!:confused:
I agree, but if you think that was a bad movie honestly check out Dark Harvest 3 lol
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Horror Movie Fanatic

Just finished watching ALL the friday the 13th movies, 1-9, X, Freddy vs Jason, Killer cut, and His Name was Jason.... all 13
Old 11-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Bad Natured

Left Bank (2008). Set in a region of Antwerp with a dark Medieval past, the mood of this flick is one of which the sun would not rather spill its radiance upon, instead hiding behind of wall of cloudy gloom, infinitely waiting for the darkness below to pass such that it can make its tardy appearance. It has been a long wait, and this flick offers no reprieve. Instead, this tale is of the seedy underbelly of ineffable undertakings, and our heroine must learn first hand of that which is best left on the other side. Eline Kuppens does just that in her commendable debut, laudably including enough skin to impress a taxidermist. This atmospheric horror from Belgium, a place not known for great horror, is the exception to its usually mediocrity, crafting stories of past times into a sweet little cringer. Maybe this country, known more for its border intrusive neighbors, is set upon changing its stale cinematic presence. Whether the exception or the vanguard, Left Bank is an unusual treat from an even more unusual source. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Old 11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Howling 1, 2 & 3

Blackout (2007)

A pretty good psycho-thriller indeed. Decent little cast, well developed characters with regular flashbacks of their backgrounds and obviously the nice camera direction made it more than worth a watch as the story is here pretty simple but effectively gripping. Thanks to V for the rec. I also like to recommend others who haven't seen it yet.

>>: B+
Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Bad Natured

The Seventh Seal (1957). This simple precept for this flick is confounded by the abstruse questions such a subject is forced to face. Fighting in God's name for a decade, our heroes return home only to find that death and despair have infested their homeland. The contradictory nature of man, wickedly intelligent and self-aware on the one hand, a stupid, superstitious and easily manipulated idiot on the other, is what makes the plight of our heroes so simple and yet so profound. In essence, we are asked to respond to God's silence in assured faith, a contradiction to common sense that has somehow has manacled our essence from time immemorial. What is more, this flick flirts with such conundrum by account of the simplicity of not seeking answers but instead a purpose. Indeed! This flick is at times a cacophony of relentless imagery punctuated by wonderful humor and witty dialog. The acting was simply aces on all accounts. Ingmar Bergman's direction hits the bulls eye here, crafting an impossible concept into a convincing and highly enjoyable flick that cannot help but move any human with breathe still gracing his lungs. How our players accept their fate, and the final image of that fate, leaves an indelible stain that only the commerce of celluloid could faithfully employ. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk