Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM
horrorward.com

Rec. 3; Genesis, I reviewed it here.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
American Zombie.

This was... interesting. Low-budget mockumentary set in a time when zombies are commonplace and are involved in a struggle to be recognised as people with rights.

It's not really about zombies... it's more about the dynamics of student filmmakers, documentary filmmakers and the way they exploit their subjects.

The plot and "surprise twists" are telegraphed broadly early on, so there's not much interest there. I think this would be of interest mainly to film students who will identify with a lot of the very low-key humor.
I really really liked that one. Definitely an underrated little indie gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

...the f***?
LOL - Man, please elaborate... I'm really curious about this one, but from what I understand it's gotten pretty awful reviews - What did you honestly think about it?

Snow White and the Huntsmen (2012)

I had actually been looking forward to this one for a while. I like dark fantasies and was hoping that this would fit the bill... But while it was very very pretty, it just seemed anemic... Something was missing. Sadly, it was forgettable overall.

2.5/5.

The Brood (1979)

I haven't really seen a whole lot of Cronenberg flicks outside of The Fly, so I figured that now was as good a time as any to catch up...

I found this movie interesting; definitely influenced by Hitchcock, but I thought it took itself way too seriously at times and the acting wasn't always great... I thoroughly enjoyed the one shocking scene, but found this mostly boring and dated.

2/5.

The Devil's Rock (2011)

Loved the concept. Loved the fact that there was actually some originality to be found in here... Got boring at times, but was nicely atmospheric and pretty well-done. I honestly wish I didn't know anything about it going in; would have liked the "reveal" a bit more.

3/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
The Boogeyman

I saw Lovely Molly last night and that movie was horrible. It had a lot of potential but didn't use any of it.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The Brood (1979)

I found this movie interesting; definitely influenced by Hitchcock, but I thought it took itself way too seriously at times and the acting wasn't always great... I thoroughly enjoyed the one shocking scene, but found this mostly boring and dated.

2/5
Then You definitely should watch Melancholia asap! You'll love that for sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
now about to watch Strangeland (1998). the description sounds very promising. two 15 year olds meet some creep online, go to party at his house, and no one sees them again....mmm
Some people really like that movie, but I thought what's his name from Twisted Sister was just awful.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

When the Lights Went Out (2012)

A decent Britt horror (based on true events) about a family moved into a new house & begins experiencing poltergeist activity. Found the final confrontation with the ghost(s) quite cheesy.

>>: B-

The Bay (2012)

Slightly different take on the found footage genre...toxic chicken shits caused to develop a mutant breed of cockroach like parasite and results a deadly plague on Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. An okay time passing flick, not bad.

>>: B
Old 11-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Hellraiser

Just finished watching Franklyn was ok but not my sort film but going to go watch 1408 now which is more my genre :)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Then You definitely should watch Melancholia asap! You'll love that for sure.
LOL - I assume that was sarcasm? ;)

Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
LOL - Man, please elaborate... I'm really curious about this one, but from what I understand it's gotten pretty awful reviews - What did you honestly think about it?
Not sure, yet. Film tried to take itself seriously, driving in two directions, not excelling in either. Nowhere near Antichrist. Von Trier should've focused on the sci-fi - visuals absolutely fabulous. Dunst was a weak lead.

Skip.

-------------------------------

* * * ½

* * ½
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Not sure, yet. Film tried to take itself seriously, driving in two directions, not excelling in either. Nowhere near Antichrist. Von Trier should've focused on the sci-fi - visuals absolutely fabulous. Dunst was a weak lead.

Skip.
Good to know. Thanks. Still haven't seen Antichrist; I'm concerned it'll be too disturbing for me (says the girl who recognizes Visitor Q as an incredible film).