Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

>> Caché aka Hidden (2005): B+
I really like this film. There's such a growing intensity that is masterfully handled throughout. And that one scene...you know which one...yikes.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The Sting is one of my favorite movies!!
My first time viewing & absolutely loved it, though expected some more screen time on Paul Newman's character.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Blood Runs Cold (2011)
Atmospheric gory and gritty slasher. Quite a simple film really but sometimes the simple things work really well and it certainly does here. Solid stuff. The thing is how the lead characters seem much more real and well rounded than in most recent horror it was refreshing, they were believable with enough development for you to sympathize with.
Yeah...it's a pretty decent slasher indeed but I was bit disappointed with the ending. But I agree, as an indie effort it was quite well done overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Caché aka Hidden

I really like this film. There's such a growing intensity that is masterfully handled throughout. And that one scene...you know which one...yikes.
Oh, yeah...loved that scene:D

Though I haven't seen much of Michael Haneke film (only both versions of Funny Games, White Ribbon and this one) but I really like the way he does it in his movies...slowly building up the tension & manipulating it through characterization and particularly his thought provoking treatment of a seemingly ordinary story.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh Hidden what an awesome film-if either you or Roshiq haven't seen The Piano Teacher yet you definitely should my personal fave Haneke film. It isn't horror but is so seriously messed up it's astounding. Sorry Roshiq I despised The White Ribbon but the original Funny Games was very good if a little pretentious but nowhere near as pretentious as The White Ribbon.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 01-26-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling as always
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Though I haven't seen much of Michael Haneke film (only both versions of Funny Games, White Ribbon and this one) but I really like the way he does it in his movies...slowly building up the tension & manipulating it through characterization and particularly his thought provoking treatment of a seemingly ordinary story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Oh Hidden what an awesome film-if either you or Roshiq haven't seen The Piano Teacher yet you definitely should my personal fave Haneke film. It isn't horror but is so seriously messed up it's astounding. Sorry Roshiq I despised The White Ribbon but the original Funny Games was very good if a little pretentious but nowhere near as pretentious as The White Ribbon.
Oh yes, I love The Piano Teacher. Isabelle Huppert's performance in that film is one of my all-time favorites, for sure. Roshiq, I would definitely seek out The Piano Teacher. Like fearsonarms said, it's really an astounding film.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Evil is Better

The Help

This is a very touching, thoughtful and funny movie. I really liked it and thought the performances were great. I don't think it will win the Oscar for Best Picture though. Given the subject matter, i don't think it was heavy and serious enough for it to be chosen but it's still very good nonetheless.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
For Vendetta

By far the best Underworld sequel, and quite refreshing to see the storyline veer towards a new direction. Go see it.

* * * ½
Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Demon from Ago

I just rewatched a couple Argento movies, Deep Red and Suspiria, love his movies. Argento seems like a pretty arrogant fellow and that would usually be enough to turn me off of someone but his movies are so good I just can't quit watching them.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Midnight toker

NEDS(2010): Gritty, violent drama about a boy growing up in 70's Glasgow, directed by Peter Mullan.... Decent film, not as hard hitting or layered as something like This is England or Trainspotting but a solid story and some decent acting, worth a watch.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

By far the best Underworld sequel, and quite refreshing to see the storyline veer towards a new direction. Go see it.

* * * ½

No. I wont!!

It's Twilight with action. It's GAY!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
NEDS(2010): Gritty, violent drama about a boy growing up in 70's Glasgow, directed by Peter Mullan.... Decent film, not as hard hitting or layered as something like This is England or Trainspotting but a solid story and some decent acting, worth a watch.
I don't think I've seen This is England, what is it about?