Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
FightingOwlFilms

Smile A Short Film About Krampus

My independent filmmaking group Fighting Owl Films is planning a new short film project that explores the folklore around the mythical Krampus. We've just launched an IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign to get the film funded (www.indiegogo.com/krampusnight). Any support, including just spreading the word about the project, would be greatly appreciated.

Fighting Owl Films was founded in 2007 and has produced numerous short films in the intervening years, including the feature film The Night Shift in 2010. The low-budget feature received favorable reviews from media outlets across the country, was named Best Fantasy Feature at Shockerfest International Film Festival and released on DVD by distributor R-Squared Films in October 2011. Since completing The Night Shift, we've been busy producing C.U.P.I.D, a short romantic comedy currently in post-production.

The new film, Night of the Krampus, features a running time of around a half hour and revisits key characters from The Night Shift on a whole new adventure. The holiday-themed story delves into the mythology of Krampus, a legendary creature said to travel with Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. While Santa rewards the good girls and boys of the world, Krampus punishes the naughty. But that’s just a myth…or is it? When the naughty kids of a suburban neighborhood vanish in the weeks leading up to Christmas, evidence points to the creature's existence. It’s up to supernatural investigators Rue Morgan, Claire Rennfield and Herbie West to solve the mystery, save the children and face-off against the deadly Krampus.

I'm hoping to have the project in production by December of this year, and we have a great promo poster by artist Jeff Bell:
Old 08-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Scares Little Kids

Looks interesting enough. I'll check out the campaign.

Tags
film, horror, indie, indiegogo, krampus