Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Old 06-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Little Boo

Only a few vintage horror films were video nasties, but still...

Old 05-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Evil Dead

video nasties

Video nasties? Let me try to think of vintage horror movies that had some upsetting scenes...
Freaks, of course. And The island of lost souls, which was banned for years in the British Empire because of the vivisection. I think there's a scene in it where the bad guy (Charles Laughton) is getting flayed alive, and you see the shadow on the wall. And The sayer of the law was one of Bela Lugosi's finest performances.
I have never seen it, but there is a movie called Le chien Andalou where they pierce somebody's eye ball.
I don't suppose it's upsetting to a guy who is expecting something upsetting, but the scene in the original Phantom of the Opera where the girl tears the Phantom's mask off certainly is effective! A lot better than some of the other versions.
For some reason my cable has been playing repeatedly the Claude Raines version of the phantom.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I think that the original Night of the Living Dead was pretty upsetting. It had plenty of gory scenes which was a bit unusual for a black and white movie of the 1960's and it had a fully nude female zombie.

Tags
podcast, video nasties