Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
Thank fuck he is not actualy doing this, the title of this thread had me worried.
My thoughts exactly.

Here's my thing with Rob Zombie... I actually think that, with his original material, he's a brilliant director... I thought that House of 1000 Corpses was utterly fantastic - horrifying, macabre, incredibly well-directed... And while I couldn't really stomach The Devil's Rejects, he knows how to do exploitative too.

That being said, I thought that his remakes of the Halloween films were terrible. As for the first film, he gave Michael Myers an incredibly unnecessary back story and with the second film, I didn't really need the faux surreal dreamscape.

In conclusion, while I do think that he's a great director, he needs to stick with original material... So far his record for remakes is really awful.

We've already seen one terrible remake of Psycho... We don't need another. I'd rather see Zombie do his own slasher film (to be honest, the first 10 minutes of his Halloween II were brilliant... Too bad the rest of the film didn't have that same suspense and horror) than remake a classic.

Tags
classic horror movies, psycho, rob zombie