Old 07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
The Shrine Burns Black!

This one definately doesn't "DETHRONE" the original, but it's an excellent film none the less. Whenever Savini, and Romero work together, it's destined for greatness!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Splatter Punkette

Send a message via AIM to Siemelle Send a message via MSN to Siemelle Send a message via Skype™ to Siemelle
While I don't think that it's as good as the original, I do appreciate it for being a very decent update. I also like the fact that the female lead is a lot stronger in this version, but there is something to be said for the female lead in the original as well and how she appears almost zombie-like in shock for what's transpiring around her. All in all, same film from different angles. Not bad at all!
Old 02-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Evil Dead

I like this one better than the original.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Little Boo

Best remake . Almost scene for scene. I enjoyed this one a little more than the original.
This movie was the very first horror movie I ever watched.
I asked my mom to rent me a scary movie when I was 7 and she was against it .
After months of begging she came home with this vhs.
After about 5 minutes of watching I've been hooked and have been a horror fan ever since.
It did something to me. I remember feeling frightened and I liked it. It took me about 10 views of watching before I finished it because I would turn it off every time but I would get 10 min further each time.
I've always had a love for zombie movies because of this one film and I still to this day rent every zombie movie chasing that feeling hoping one will compare to this film. Only a couple ever have for me.