Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Evil Dead

Cats Try to Eat Incapacitated Owner

Yikes! I love kitties, but I'll remember not to let myself be outnumbered by cats when I'm old.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A group of hungry cats began to eat their 86-year-old owner after she suffered an apparent stroke and couldn't get up for nearly a week, officials said Thursday.

Mae Lowrie, who lives with seven cats, was discovered unconscious and riddled with bite marks Wednesday night at her Panorama City apartment, Fire Department and hospital officials said.

She was listed in fair condition at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, said hospital spokeswoman Lisa Kort.

``The cats were trying to survive in the conditions that they were in, faced with the outcome they had. They did what they had to do to survive,'' animal control Officer Ernesto Poblano told KABC-TV. ``The cats were all emaciated, very, very emaciated.''

Lowrie may have suffered a stroke, said Jim Wells, spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The woman's apartment manager alerted authorities after neighbors realized they hadn't seen Lowrie in several days.
Wells said Lowrie, who was believed to have been stricken about a week before she was found, was also dehydrated.
The cats, apparently without food for that time, also tried to eat Lowrie's small dog, said Jackie David, a spokeswoman for the city Animal Services Department. The terrier showed signs of hypothermic shock, severe dehydration, respiratory illness and was later euthanized, she said. One of the cats, a kitten, was found dead.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Evil Dead

well ya gotta do what ya gotta do to survive... interesting story thanx for sharing... hell if I die with my cats here , and they have nothing to eat.. I say eat away!!! but shit if I am that old and knocked out I still say, Eat away!!!

Fulci Lives!!!!

Last edited by Ritualistic; 12-19-2003 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Evil Dead

My cat would do it in a second, he is all predator, and a sadistic one too.

Once he brought home a bird for me and left it under the piano bench. He had somehow removed the head so that all that was left was the spine with brain and eyes attached. At least that's what it looked like.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by mictlan
My cat would do it in a second, he is all predator, and a sadistic one too.

Once he brought home a bird for me and left it under the piano bench. He had somehow removed the head so that all that was left was the spine with brain and eyes attached. At least that's what it looked like.
yeah all cats that go outside to that.. they do it for appreciation.. it is there way of giving you a gift.. I have plenty of pictures of rats/birds/lizards and other small animals that my cat has gifted me with.. :D

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:58 PM
Post-Moderation

just another reason im a dog person.............then again.......dogs would probably eat her too lol.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
warprophet

thats why i dont like cats...so dissloya... take a dog and stick it in the same sitiuation and it would rather starve to death then eat its owner. such loyal animals
Old 12-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Evil Dead

Well, they did try to eat her dog too. I think the main problem was she was outnumbered 7 to 1!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:35 AM
werewolf fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ds_spoon
funny stuff

check out my websit and join my forum!!! the link is: www.freewebs.com/horrorflicks/
Old 12-22-2003, 09:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to LegionFilms
What the hell is wrong with you people. You would let your cats eat you? lol, I hate cats, if one tried to eat me I'd take a bite outta them see how they like it
Old 12-22-2003, 01:47 PM
werewolf fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ds_spoon
i would love to use a shotgun and blow a cat up i would never let no cat eat me!!

check out my websit and join my forum!!! the link is: www.freewebs.com/horrorflicks/