Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Evil Dead

The Woods / Introduction

*First, I would just like to note a few things, in order to clear up any confusion. 1) This is horror fiction, but it is by no means a short story. It is my attempt at a full-length novel. 2) It will be posted in chapters. Once I am happy with one, and it has gone through several revisions and even more re-writes - it will be posted. Be warned that it may change as the novel progresses however, in which case the newer version may be posted overtop the older one. Finally, 3) This is not a section of the novel itself, but rather an introduction to see if anyone would be interested in reading such a novel. If not, I may not bother posting this here. Saves us all some trouble.

The Woods
An experimental internet novel by Josh Aube.

All characters are unnamed until the chapters appear. I will refer to them as Girl1, Boy1, and Boy2 in this introduction.

Backstory;
Girl1 had never been recieved well by the public, and her family issues did not help sooth that fact. On the playground, girls would turn their backs on her, and whisper crude remarks in each other's ears. Lies. Whatever the case, Girl1 would always respond in a nervous smile, holding back the tears, and walk away as if it didn't hurt her. That smile became her only defence... until she learned to use her fists. That single choice, to put down the smile and pick up her fists, lead her to meet Boy1 - another victim of harrasement. Boy1 was not a stranger to the word "faggot", due to his hy nature, and quiet presence, other boys deemed him to fit more in with the girls. One bully more then another would make certain that word never miss his ears as the days went by. Until one day Girl1 stepped in, and placed his hand in the face of Boy2 - the bully. Girl1 and Boy1 became friends, and often each other were the only one's the other would speak too. While their connection grew strong, Boy2's feelings grew stronger. The feelings for a girl who had the will to stand up to him. Boy1 remained shy, but with the help of Girl1 learned to ignore the harmful words. However, he could not hwelp Girl1 as easily. She quickly slipped into a life of drugs and alcohol, and in this world is where she once again met up with Boy2 - as a lover.

Taking his only friend, and remembering the times of hurt, Boy1 could not waver his dislike of Boy2 however encouraging the girl's words were to his testament of change. He nevered changed, she was the one who had changed. Boy2 felt the same about Boy1 as he always had. To him, he was just a faggot.

---

Our story:

Girl1 has arranged an outing ala The Hole - too a remote cabin, abandonned by it's owners after their cruel death. With her, Boy1 and Boy2 were invited, only her knowing the location. Boy2 saw this as a time to get lucky, and Boy1 found this oppertunity to try and get a better handle on her life. Always wanting to help. However, when both boys found out the other was to be present, these thoughts soon cleared out and were replaced by nothing more then severe hate.

This had ruined the girls' plan. A chance to get the two boys to relate better - an outing, to perhaps convince them that she was common interest enough to become friends. However, an event was soon to put that plan back on track. Only this time, forcefully.

After a night of chatting by the fireplace, of alcohol and ghost stories, the two boys' wake up to a bloody path strewn across the cabin hall. And who would be missing, but Girl1. The suspects? Both having their own speculation to how the other committed such a sin, shouting incoherently at one another, and threatening each other with bult objects grabbed from around the immediate area.

Soon they are forced to realize perhaps it was neither of them... that perhaps it was something else. Something more sinister lying in the woods.

But is that speculation great enough to fully clear the thoughts that maybe, just maybe, it was the other boy who did this? The other boy you are now standing next to? The other boy you are forced to work with in order to escape a reality that is perhaps even most threatening then the one you are in now?

///////////////////////////

So what do you guys think? That covers like... the first few chapters. Only it will go more in-depth then that, obviously. That ending of that is the hook, mainly, and the psychological aspects should carry it from there. I have the whole thing planned, and however cliche it is, I believe it works.

Inspired by;
Cabin Fever, The Hole, Evil Dead (some parts taking place in the woods itself may remind you of a few scenes)
Old 07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
Sounds pretty cool. I'll read it.
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Undead

Location: On the mean streets in the darkside of the wrong part of town.
Sounds interesting...I'd be interested to see how you stretch it out into a full novel. :)

Rule 1: You don't have to be the fastest person when running from zombies, just faster then someone else.

Rule 2:
If possible, keep a fat person with you at all times. Zombies prefer more meat.

Rule 3: Everyone else is expendable...unless they're the ones carrying the supplies.

Rule 4:
When in doubt, shoot everyone. Chances are they were bound to be infected, anyway.