Old 05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Misanthrope

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

Hilarious! Way better than The Simpsons or South Park movies.

Grindhouse

Enjoyed Death Proof a lot more this time round. I think I prefer the theatrical cut over the extended version because it flows a lot better. The dialoge of the second half was always way to tedious for me so I dug a few scenes being trimmed.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Evil Puppy

National Treasure 2
Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I think I prefer the theatrical cut over the extended version because it flows a lot better. The dialoge of the second half was always way to tedious for me so I dug a few scenes being trimmed.
i agree 100% on this.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
The Dork Knight

Edtv
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Silent but Deadly

indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull
I cannot prepare for that which I cannot foresee; therefore, forgive me should I appear constantly unsettled by your behavior. The only patterns I base my life on are yours, and the routine which I derive from your behavior is only as solid as your adherence to your own behavioral patterns. If I cannot understand you, how can I live for you?

What does a blind, deaf, quadriplegic baby get for Christmas?
*Cancer*

Cure for overpopulation = Bubonic Plague
Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Before the devil knows you're dead" 6/10
Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Crash (1997)

>>: B

Unbreakable (2000)

>>: B+
Old 05-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I just got back from seeing the movie and it was alright for a night out. I haven't seen an Indy flick in so damn long. I grew up with them just like all of you but I haven't actually sat and watched one in about six years so I went in not that pumped up about it and to me it was just another action adventure flick. It didn't feel like Indy to me. I dunno if it's because I didn't go in excited or I haven't watched them in awhile or it just wasn't that great.

5/10
Old 05-26-2008, 04:00 AM
She's under the stairs

Where the Buffalo Roam

I finally got my hands on a copy of this, after years of searching.

I wasn't dissapointed either, Bill Murray was exellent as Dr Gonzo, and it just cracked me up.

7/10

Ed Wood

What can I say, I only watched it because it is as good as it is.

8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 05-26-2008, 04:34 AM
For Vendetta

We had a marathon of Batman movies because my wife insisted on seeing em. Considering it was my 4th-5th watch of all movies, here we go...

Batman.

THE best and solid movie adaptation yet. Jack is PERFECT as The Joker, and commands the movie from start to finish. Keaton is almost as good as Bruce, but he is so totally out-classed and out-leagued. Basinger is pure eye-candy, and the rest of the cast (Michael Gough, Billy Dee Williams and Jack Palance) are competent. Burton's second finest on-screen effort, after Edward Scissorhands, IMO.

Rating - * * * *

Batman Returns.

Excellent sequel to an awesome original. I REALLY liked how Pfeiffer performs so smoothly through all the scenes she is in, and Keaton and De Vito basically revolve around her. That being said, De Vito looks more comical than villainous as The Penguin, (I thought Burgess Meredith looked more scary in Batman: The Movie 30 years back) but full marks to him for trying. Christopher Walken is AWESOME. Max Shreck was such a deep, shady character that you cannot stop loving him in a hateful way.

Rating - * * * ½

Batman Forever.

A largely under-performing effort. Not mindblowing by any means, and on a much lesser pedestal than the previous two...it had a basic flaw. The characterisation. This movie is a perfect example of how flawed characterisation cant save big and talented names from scoring with their performances.

In Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey, one had THE perfect duo of evil EVER. Carrey's comical timing and annoying overacting was more than sufficient for The Riddler, but Jones looked totally out of place. Same goes for Val Kilmer. The dude never looked more DEAD and ill at ease in any other movie than here. Kidman had nothing to do except look glamourous, one thing which she always manages to pull off effortlessly. Saving graces - Robin's origin, and Chris O'Donnell's immature standoffishness in his performance, coupled with some more than decent moments at gags and CGI efforts.

Rating - * * ½

Batman and Robin.

First big question - Schwarzenegger as Dr Freeze?! I mean, WTF was Schumacher and his casting team thinking? Dr Freeze was a scientist, not Hercules. Schwarzenegger was so TOTALLY out of place in his character. Second big question - What was the script writer smoking when he wrote the script?! That has to be the biggest mess in the history of comic-movies. Add to it George Clooney as Bruce was NOWHERE. Ab-so-lute-ly NOWHERE. (At least Val had some sort of decency in his outing as Bruce in the earlier movie)

And add to it all, as if we didnt have enough annoying immaturity in Chris O'Donnell, Alicia Silverstone gets thrown into the mix with her silly bratish-ness. The only saving grace of the entire movie - Uma Thurman's competent take on Poison Ivy. And I still mean "competent take".

Cant believe both of the above largely disappointing efforts were made by the same man who gave us the brilliant The Lost Boys. I really hope you grew up after these pathetic jabs at cinema and comic fans, Mr Schumacher.

Rating - * *

Later tonight - Batman Begins.