Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 PM
ventricle

If Ford is in them, I'd love it if he was alone. But I doubt anyone has enough faith or vision for that. Have you heard who the new young gun will be next to Ford?

Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

Seems so far Ford is the only definite cast member.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Evil Dead

If we get a new Indy film, what kind of relic do you want to see Indy pursuing? I mentioned the Pazuzu statue a few posts back, I'd like to see a darker, more occult-themed relic for Indy to go after for the next film.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM
ventricle

Ya, they could just make something up too. The stones and cult in Temple of Doom are made up.

"Occult" is basically a somewhat arbitrary label. Technically, or it's root, is 'hidden knowledge'; which itself is an arbitrary measure. Today it's more used in reference to the paranormal, which is also a rather arbitrary label.

They could do it on a made up ancient Gaelic or Norse religion, maybe tie it to Stonehenge, and some relic.

Or they could do Merlin book or crystal ball.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Evil Dead

I wouldn't mind a fictional artifact as long as it fits. I liked the Sankara Stones in TOD. The Thuggee Cult was actually real, though.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Evil Puppy

Atlantis, go big or go home Indie.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:01 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
I wouldn't mind a fictional artifact as long as it fits. I liked the Sankara Stones in TOD. The Thuggee Cult was actually real, though.
Why do you say the Thuggee Cult was actually real? The research I've done says the Thuggee were just road pirates, and not a cult. There was some organization among the members, but that's pretty much were the comparison ends to the Thuggee Cult portrayed in TOD. Some research suggests some Thuggee may used killing for Kali as merely an excuse, as people were clearly killed for their possessions and to leave no witnesses. They had no castle, no priesthood, no Kali religion, no rituals, no mind-altering special powers and no slaves. TOM used the name, that's about it.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Evil Dead

It might be a stretch to say they're a cult but they were definitely real and definitely not a good group.

Thuggee entry on Wikipedia.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Evil Dead

There's been some talks of a reboot of the series, now. Doesn't come off as a huge shock.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

I just realized this year both Temple Of Doom and The Last Crusade respectively turn 30 and 25 next month. Time sure has flown. I marathon the series constantly during the Spring and Summer months anyway, now I've got an even more appropropriate reason to do it again soon.