Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
"Nevermore"

Lavender

In a wold full of things that want nothing for than to drive us to the very depths of insanity, one will sometimes find that even the most innocent of things can be your undoing. I found this out for myself on February second, 2012.
I was at my late grandfather's old motor home with my cousin Danny, digging around some boxes. My grandfather had recently committed suicide and had left everything he owned to me in his will. Now here's the thing, I'm a huge pokemon fan. I've been playing the games since I was a kid.
As fate would have it, I happened to notice an old game-boy cartridge lying on the bottom of the box i was holding. It was Pokemon Red. I was ecstatic. The second we got home I bolted upstairs to grab my old game-boy color. I remember pausing for a few seconds, drinking in all the excitement I felt. Now that I look back at it, I wish I had never found the game.
I put the game into my game-boy and turned it on. I was met with the usual company logo's and start menu. I started a new game and was instantly presented with the sub-menu for making your name. I had thought that a professor was going to talk to me first as the usually do but this didn't bother me much. I named my character PYRO and proceeded forward. Instead of playing the cutscene with the professor after the name select(as I thought it would), the game instantly threw me into a pokemon center. The usual music for the center played with around four or five people in it. I figured that it was probably a glitch in the game as it was so old it must have given me the previous owners profile instead. Right?
I checked to see if I had any pokemon in my inventory and was met with a lv.40 Charizard. The pokemon had decent moves and only half it's health. I walked up to Nurse Joy to heal the pokemon but instead of her usual cheery welcome, she said "..." and took my pokemon and healed him. Confused as to why Joy didn't say anything, I decided to talk to the other people in the Pokemon Center and all I got was the same "...". Somewhat annoyed by this, I left the Pokemon Center to see were I was.
As soon as i stepped outside, I recognized the area. Lavender Town. I also noticed that the game seemed to be having trouble loading the town as it was in black and white(I was playing this on a game-boy color so I got worried) and the town's theme was playing backwards. Now Im sure we all know Lavender Town's slow, creepy theme, well it's even creepier backwards. I attempted to talk to everyone in town only to get the same "...". Somewhat scared I decided to leave town thinking that the game might just be having trouble loading due to it's age.
Instead of moving on to the next area however, I was instantly teleported back into the town with a text bar popping up saying: I can't leave this place. Now I was really annoyed, when was this game going to start working? Once again I attempted to leave town only to be thrown back again, this time however, the text bar said: The town won't let me leave. That was what really tripped me.
I was starting to get really scared by this point. After trying to leave two more times(each time presented with a new text box saying: I can never leave and I am stuck here forever), I noticed something else, the backwards theme was getting louder and louder with each attempt to leave.
Suddenly I found myself transfixed at the game. I couldn't look away even if I tried(and believe me i did) with that horrible song getting louder and louder. The last thing I remember at this point was a loud, defining screech emitting from my game-boy and a feeling of terror beyond all comprehension. After that, nothing. Everything around me went dark and I felt myself slip out of consciousness.
I awoke in a hospital bed a month later with doctors and nurses flashing lights in my eyes and asking me if I could here them. According to my doctor, Danny found me on the floor having a seizure with a death-grip on my game-boy. I was rushed to the hospital immediately and had slipped into a coma a few minutes before we arrived. Now every waking minute of every day I hear that terrible song in my head.
Constantly hearing this depressing song twenty-four seven would be enough to drive any man insane. Eventually my cousin moved into another house leaving me alone. I have been on my own for almost a year now and I can no longer take it. I have decided to write this down so someone may learn my tale. Tomorrow, I am going to swallow rat poison with my coffee and once and for all get that terrible song out of my head.

Last edited by Pyromaniac; 03-31-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

Great story, really suspenseful. So the game was possessed?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:27 AM
"Nevermore"

Or something like that, I never actually gave that part much thought.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Horror Fan

Lavender town music:

Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 AM
"Nevermore"

Lavender Town theme (backwards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTxaSATNRpU