Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Toys & Props
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
Question Special effects???...

What are some good sites for buying good special effects horror stuff? Like bullet holes, cuts/gashes in the skin, sewn/stitched eyes and mouths, etc.? Fairly realistic looking stuff...Preferrably sites that have some decent prices, and places that sell this stuff year round, not just around Halloween time? :)
Old 12-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Re: Special effects???...

Quote:
Originally posted by LilMissScareAll
What are some good sites for buying good special effects horror stuff? Like bullet holes, cuts/gashes in the skin, sewn/stitched eyes and mouths, etc.? Fairly realistic looking stuff...Preferrably sites that have some decent prices, and places that sell this stuff year round, not just around Halloween time? :)
I also would like to know!!! We poor people Need Scary Shit TOO!!

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 12-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
Yep...I'm going to make a movie so I'm going to need lots of this type of stuff. :p
Old 12-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Therapy?

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/dress-up...fx/fx-wax.html

You can buy this stuff in a lot of stores. It's jjust wax so yeah, it's not hard to find.

You don't need cake blood, gel blood, blah blah blah etc. Just use homemade fake blood to use with the wax wounds. Just use a sponge to put on caked blood.

My friend and I made pretty good looking blood with corn syrup, water and food coloring (I can't remember what else) Anyway, there are tons of recipes all over the place. :)
Old 01-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Bleed the Freak

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/dress-up...fx/fx-wax.html

You can buy this stuff in a lot of stores. It's jjust wax so yeah, it's not hard to find.

You don't need cake blood, gel blood, blah blah blah etc. Just use homemade fake blood to use with the wax wounds. Just use a sponge to put on caked blood.

My friend and I made pretty good looking blood with corn syrup, water and food coloring (I can't remember what else) Anyway, there are tons of recipes all over the place. :)

Thanks!! :D Yeah, I've seen a couple of websites that tell how to make fake blood...I'm definitely going to have to do that since the "professional fake blood" is so expensive and because I'll need lots of it.