Old 03-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Scholar

Puppet Master Movie Series

I know that puppet master was technically 1989, but the rest of the series was 1990 onward, thus I posted in this forum.

My brother gave me most of the series as a Christmas gift a few years ago, and I watched it. They were entertaining movies, but I don't know if I would rate them highly.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I know that puppet master was technically 1989, but the rest of the series was 1990 onward, thus I posted in this forum.

My brother gave me most of the series as a Christmas gift a few years ago, and I watched it. They were entertaining movies, but I don't know if I would rate them highly.
As a 15 year old kid they were awesome. Haven't rewatched them since then though.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Scholar

The first one at least is available on Hulu. I shall go once more into the fray and vet the first movie,and come back with an opinion.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Scholar

After watching the Puppet Master, I would give it two and a half stars. As killer toys, their not as good as Chucky, but it was an enjoyable time. I think the characters didn't develop very well. I thought that the ending was predictable, and there were no moments that scared me or made me feel suspense other then the beginning scene.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:56 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The stories are fairly bland, but there's no denying the puppets are awesome.

If we're comparing to Chucky though I enjoy the Puppet Master films immensely more.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Scholar

After watching Puppet Master II, I have enough information to agree with Roiffalo's opinion. I however prefer Chucky, but the puppets are cool.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:28 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Forgot to add the terrible continuity these movies have. What's weird though is the movie with the worst continuity in the series is (thus far) my favorite, Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge. I just liked the story better, and I actually gave a crap about the characters. And it was a decent origin story, although they never said who's soul brought Blade to life...

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Scholar

I agree. You really have to give the movies leeway with continuity, or else it's almost unwatchable.