Old 03-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Talkin' horror. #JOIN

Unsane (2018)

Not straight-horror, but thrillerish. Just saw this movie last night, can't say I was too impressed. My pal Zach and I's full thoughts will be posted podcast-style this Tuesday (look up Super Tuesday Thriller Club on iTunes) and his opinion differs slightly from mine, but as far as I'm concerned, here's a quicky:

Unsane - 5/10 - Cool premise, decent acting from some folks, but horrible cinematography, shoddy plot points and insanely poor lighting made this one painfully boring to watch. And as they say, the worst thing a movie can be is boring. I'd rather terrible corniness than being straight bored, but this movie had me rolling my head toward the end. It being shot on an iPhone gives it a little bit of a "oh, neat", but unfortunately that is just a gimmick as I felt it did a huge disservice to the cinematography. It was a little creepy, and the idea of being admitted to a psyche ward against your will is horrifying, but the execution was extremely lacking. More thoughts, like I said, this Tuesday, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It has gotten fairly positive reviews though, so maybe my opinion doesn't jive with yours. Has anyone else seen Unsane yet? Let me know what you think!

Last edited by STTC2K18; 03-28-2018 at 04:00 PM.