Old 12-08-2019, 03:29 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
Yes! A lot of the really old black and white horror films are some of the best ever at times! The list of examples can really go on forever, but some of my favorites would be the original black and white "Village Of The Damned," "Children Of The Damned," "Return Of The Vampire," the original black and white King Kong, the original black and white Godzilla, the original black and white Gamera, the silent "Phantom Of The Opera" with Lon Chaney, sr. "Creature From The Black Lagoon," "The Wolfman" with Lon Chaney, jr., "Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman," the original "Carnival Of Souls," "I Eat Your Flesh," "The Black Cat" from 1934 with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, "Them," the original "Night Of The Living Dead," "White Zombie," the original "House On Haunted Hill" with Vincent Price, "The Last Man On Earth," "The Mummy's Ghost," the original "Little Shop Of Horrors", "Terrified," "The Devil's Claw," "Sadist," "Tarantula," "The Bat" with Vincent Price, the silent "Headless Horseman," the silent "Frankenstein" from Thomas Edison, to name a few.
whats the best parts from Headless Horseman 1922?

Old 12-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Evil Dead

Did you see that one? I'm not giving away too many spoilers.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:34 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

Here's a link to see it for free in its entirety!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHXrqLpFUA
Old 12-09-2019, 06:37 PM
ventricle

I scanned through the Headless Horseman on youtube, but I never catch a glimpse of the Headless Horseman. I probably won't watch the entire thing, so that's why I was asking you where the good parts are?

Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 AM
Evil Dead

Cool Haunted House/House Of Ghosts

Here's a short silent film from around 1905 through 1908 called "A Haunted House," aka "House Of Ghosts"! It doesn't look quite that old, and it's overall better than a lot of stuff that came after it! The ghosts, goblins, witches, and ghouls in this one are something else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo2EKNRIQlE
Old 02-03-2020, 01:00 PM
HammerGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
Here's a short silent film from around 1905 through 1908 called "A Haunted House," aka "House Of Ghosts"! It doesn't look quite that old, and it's overall better than a lot of stuff that came after it! The ghosts, goblins, witches, and ghouls in this one are something else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo2EKNRIQlE
Thanks for posting!
Old 10-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Living Dead

classic

I enjoyed "Haxan, a history of witchcraft through the ages". It's a silent film from 1921 -1922 I think. You have to read the sub-titles, that's actually kind of cool. The imagery in this film probably couldn't be used today.