Old 06-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catonia06 View Post
My nan and grandad won't watch a movie that involves animals for two reasons,the first being that they are fanatical animal lovers and the second reason being that movies sometimes do it for real,meaning it's not acting.It is actual,real cruelty or a killing.
With humans,it's 100% acting,gauranteed,but in some cases with animals,it's done for real.
Yes, non-simulated animal killings are unforgivable.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
Yes, non-simulated animal killings are unforgivable.
I thought this had been outlawed.
I cant watch animals being killed on camera,, knowing its real, I am a member of Peta- let the verbal start! And defy anyone who has watched any of their campaign films to watch a film knowing animals were being killed for fun and not feel sickened.
This is why I have never watched Apocalypse Now.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
I cant watch animals being killed on camera,, knowing its real, I am a member of Peta- let the verbal start! And defy anyone who has watched any of their campaign films to watch a film knowing animals were being killed for fun and not feel sickened.
I'm sure it's been outlawed in the U.S. and the U.K., but I don't know about other countries. Men Behind The Sun was made in Hong Kong and they probably didn't have any laws against it at the time (1987 or 1988).
Old 06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I'm sure it's been outlawed in the U.S. and the U.K., but I don't know about other countries. Men Behind The Sun was made in Hong Kong and they probably didn't have any laws against it at the time (1987 or 1988).
Watched men behind the sun recently- found it a very very sad film which made me cry and haunted me. The scene with the cat was horrible, but the part which I found most disturbing was the little mute chinese boy. T found the whole film very well put together and stark, but that does not mean I enjoyed it. Certainly not on the level of other Asian films. I couldn't tell myself 'its only a film',, because the reality it was based on was evil beyond imagination.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Watched men behind the sun recently- found it a very very sad film which made me cry and haunted me. The scene with the cat was horrible, but the part which I found most disturbing was the little mute chinese boy. T found the whole film very well put together and stark, but that does not mean I enjoyed it. Certainly not on the level of other Asian films. I couldn't tell myself 'its only a film',, because the reality it was based on was evil beyond imagination.
I was so disturbed by the scene where the Chinese boy met his fate I didn't even want to talk about it.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Don't Peta kill animals too?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:38 AM
Misanthrope

Apparently... http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
WOW interesting website....Peta and their supporters seem to be complete hypocrites..

Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Misanthrope

Yeh it's pretty fucked. A lot of animals lost out at the expense of their advertising budget.

PETA is all fashionable activism really.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Evil Dead

I think "Inside" is the most taboo horror film I've seen. Someone attacking a pregnant woman with the intention of stealing her baby is pretty disturbing and the shots showing the baby reacting to various blows made it even more intense.

Inside was hard to watch and I loved it for that... My husband won't even watch it; the synopsis bothers him too much!