Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
V...........you are on a horror forum. ;)
A girl gets raped and murdered and then "haunts" her family. Sounds like horror to me ;)

Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Living Dead

The Evil Dead Remake..and I will NEVER watch it again.

Continuity was a bitch from the get go, I didn't really care about any of the characters and it lacked any and all charm that the old one had.

It's the original or nothing for me, I was waiting for this film to end.

Last edited by Geek; 04-27-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Crying Fist

Two seperate but converging stories about 2 lost men who find redemption through boxing. Min-sik Choi (Oldboy) is excellent as an aging ex-Olympian fighter who hires himself out as a 'human punchbag'.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:31 AM
HDC's old chick

Underworld: Evolution
Old 04-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
A girl gets raped and murdered and then "haunts" her family. Sounds like horror to me ;)
I was commenting more on the "stay away from this if you dislike dark, moody, depressive movies." :D

Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Evil Dead

Maniac (2012)

Finally seen this movie, I been looking forward too remake if more then Evil Dead remake this year, It only been about 6 or 7 week since I saw Manica (1980) I thought it was very decent gory movie.

This stray really true the Original movie, this time tried to make a lot dark with the whole POV angle was not bad at all, it could of be better, It gave intense scenes for the first half of the movie as the movies , I did get a bit bored of POV.

The acting was better then I thought it be, I thought Elijah Wood Great Job playing Psychos, he was very believe-able ans creepy in this movie, yet I do think it was to young to play this role, he still did great Job but still not as good as Late Joe Spinell who a lot more psycho mad.

I was little disappointed with the gore-wise in this movie, not much until near the ending scenes of the movie, which I thought decent but again not as gory as Original or as fun. (That scene also confused me cause,Spoiler: when the dead women were ripping his face off, there was another face under Elijah Wood (Ends)

I liked how they gave a bit of the back story in flash back, in way it's make sense why he is doing what he is doing.

I going to give this movie 7 out of 10
Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I was commenting more on the "stay away from this if you dislike dark, moody, depressive movies." :D
Yes, but there are the ones who love their Resident Evils & Underworlds more than the Repulsions and Requiem of a Dreams. That was for them. :)
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Evil Dead

The Experiment: Who's Watching You? (2012)

The movie is about Mary who just low or Jon at strip club after arguing with her husband who just dump her, which makes her horny.

So reach low bottom and get place for self, not know she be watching by some ones, who gives her drugs .

This a really bad movie start with some positive stuff there 2 things that I actually liked in this movie one was when title came on screen and screaming in background of those scenes.

Also so of nudity were nice in the was okay in the movie, the rest of the movie was very boring, I didn't like how the movie flowed at all.

Scenes to cut and movie to next scenes and some scenes just drag on for far to long which add to the boredom of the movie and we get the most pointless rape scenes ever and kills the Guys who been watching her and then we she old pills in front her, then these flash black of just happened 30 seconds ago and then we see knock out couch, This was 61 minutes mark of the movie and that when credits start to roll

but then she get to guy talking about why he made this movie in between the credits, I could not care what the hell he was on about!

The acting from the lead is really bad as was rest of the cant

I am watching and reviewing this movie at the same time

2 out of 10

The Helpers (2012)

Well the cover of this movie made me think it was one of those hand held camerae movies The Last broadcast/ PA movies.

So I was little surprised when I watch it that it wasn't but how the rest of movie is basically same plot at vacancy that meet the cast of Hotel.

I was bored with this movie, I could not get into these movies at all, the death in this movie were so carbon copies of other deaths in other horror movies.

The acting from the whole cast, I don't maybe one of worst acted movies, I have seen, it even worse soaps actors.

I just clad this movie wasn't long then it was and I could get care less About one in this movie.

2 out of 10 The only reason I watched this cause I was bored, Don't make the same mistake!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
HDC Idol

The ABCs of Death (2012)

Man. I had been looking forward to this for quite some time, but I have to say, I was ridiculously disappointed. I actually liked the concept - Pulling some pretty great and well-known horror directors together to do a series of short films... But ultimately most of the films were disappointing or just plain lazy. I'll pull out some highlights (and low points):

High Points
I is for Ingrown by Jorge Michel Grau (We are What We Are)
Really intense, dark, and well-acted.

L is for Libido by Timo Tjahjanto (V/H/S)
Very disturbing, in a Visitor Q sort of way...

P is for Pressure by Simon Rumley (Red, White & Blue)
The only movie that gave you a true dark character study

V is for Vagitus by Kaare Andrews
Good scif- short

X is for XXL by Xavier Gens (Frontiers)
Absolutely brutal

Y is for Youngbuck by Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun)
Disturbing and well-done

Low Points

Self-Indulgent, self-referential crap:
  • Q is for Quack by Adam Wingard, Simon Barrett <-- Reminded me of everything I hated about Rubber
  • W is for WTF by Jon Schnepp (Metalocalypse)
  • R is for Removed by Srdjan Spasojevic (A Serbian Film)

Odd-random-"disturbing"-crap (I'm soooo over weird Asian movies)
  • F is for Fart by Noboru Iguchi (Machine Girl, Mutant Girl Squad) <-- I thought Iguchi was overrated with the aforementioned films and now I'm just done. This film was just garbage.
  • Z is for Zetsumetsu by Yoshihiro Nishimura (Tokyo Gore Police) - Siiiiiiiigh. Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein girl was enough of a turn-off - This short was just offensive, but not in a clever or amusing sort of way. Gag.
  • H is for Hydro-Electric Diffusion by Thomas Malling - This short should have been better than it was.

And pretty much all of the other pieces that I haven't mentioned were relatively forgettable. WOW what a waste of talent.

HUGE disappointment.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Evil Dead (2013)

I was honestly very impressed with this - Loved the updated story, special effects, and makeup. This movie was definitely gory and brutal and had a few moments that really eeked me out - It made me jump, it made me cringe - All in the right ways. (Roshiq's sig is TOTALLY one of those moments that eeked me out!)
What!?! I thought it was from upcoming American remake of Carved aka A Slit-Mouthed Woman??!!

(Just kidding:D)

I haven't seen new EVIL DEAD flick but from the trailers/clip & screen shots, it seems the quality of gore looks kinda poor (quite jucy instead of thick).

Last edited by roshiq; 04-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Tags
movie