Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:55 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Outrun! Outkill! Outlive! HDC Survivor starts HERE!

A few of may know that I created an online Survivor game website several years ago. It's been going well but I have since passed the game hosting duties on to members of my staff and now find myself with a Survivor void to fill. Which brings us here, to this thread... This is how it will work.

I will accept the first 16 people that sign up. (100 post minimum though. It's a major pain when people sign up & then disappear so to avoid that, only people who have shown a desire to stick around will be allowed to play. If we are having trouble getting a full game, this rule may be bent.)

The 16 people will then be split in to tribes just like they do on the show Survivor. The tribes will compete in horror related challenges for rewards and immunity. Any time a tribe loses an Immunity Challenge, they will have to vote someone off their tribe & out of the game. Once we get down to 10 players remaining, the tribes merge and it becomes an individual game as opposed to a team game. There will still be reward and immunity challenges however and anyone without Immunity will be in jeopardy of being voted out. The games continues in this way until there are only 2 people left. At that point, places 3-9 (aka The Jury) will vote for who they thinks deserves to win.

In the interest of fairness, I will not participate. I will simply play the role of unbiased host. I do reserve the right to change or tweak these rules as I see fit if I notice something I left uncovered or any loopholes being taken advantage of.

Please be advised that the game of Survivor is dubious in nature. Lying, coniving, and backstabbing are all a part of the game. If you can not take being lied to or getting voted out by someone you trust, then you probably shouldn't play. If you do play, and get voted out please don't complain to me about it. (Hey! It wasn't me voting for ya!) With 16 players and only 1 winner, understand that there is a pretty good chance that you WILL get voted out at some point.

It would be easy if this game could be done through PMs, but our inboxes are so small that I'm afraid I'd fill up real quickly. Soooo, unfortunately, this will all be done via email and right here on the message board. My email address is [email protected]

Think of it as a Survivor version of thomasgeorge's Big Brother game, with the one big difference being that I will actually follow through with running it.

Post on this thread if you want to sign up. The game will begin when I have 16 qualified players register. Good luck to all!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 AM

I should also mention that you do not need to know, watch or even like the show Survivor to participate. This game has nothing to do with show other than the fact that we will be using their game as a template. All of the challenges we have will be horror-related. Here's a couple examples so you can see what I mean...

Example 1 - Match the actors to the roles they are famous for.

1.Robert Englund
2.Doug Bradley
3.Bruce Campbell

A.Freddy Krueger
B.Pinhead
C.Ash

So the correct answers for this example would be
1-A, 2-B, 3-C.

Example 2 - Unscramble the movie titles.

1. NOSMLETEERTAMGTHIREN
2. RRHLAIELES
3. DVAIELED

1- A Nightmare on Elm Street
2- Hellraiser
3- Evil Dead

Example 3 - Put the following films in chronological order of their US release date.

1- A Nightmare on Elm Street
2- Hellraiser
3- Evil Dead

1-Evil Dead (1981)
2-A Nightmare on Elm St. (1984)
3-Hellraiser (1987)

Those are just examples so you can sort of see what I mean. There will be some themed challenges such as vampire movies, or zombies movies as well as classic horror, foreign horror, etc...
Old 10-05-2006, 04:10 AM
HDC's old chick

Sign me up!! I'll also email you.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hammerfan
Sign me up!! I'll also email you.
No need to email me yet. Posting here in this thread will be adequate for getting registered.

Contestants so far....

1-hammerfan
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
Old 10-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Evil Dead

I'll give it a shot. But the only thing is that I'm going to be gone for two weeks. Is this going to be a problem?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:07 AM
No, fuck YOU

Hmmm....... Interesting........ I´m in, if you want me.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:09 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Oooh, I would much rather watch this. This is gonna be funny... seeing what you do to each other.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

ok .. i'll give it a try if you have any spaces left
Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22

Contestants so far....

1-hammerfan
2-Angra
3-urgeok
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-

VC - Do you know which 2 weeks you'll be gone? I can try my best to work around it, but it could present a problem. I could let you have someone else send in answers for you, but if you weren't here and your tribe ended up being the one that has to vote someone out, you wouldn't be able to do much strategizing in your own defense. Your call, but it could be a disadvantage.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
VC - Do you know which 2 weeks you'll be gone? I can try my best to work around it, but it could present a problem. I could let you have someone else send in answers for you, but if you weren't here and your tribe ended up being the one that has to vote someone out, you wouldn't be able to do much strategizing in your own defense. Your call, but it could be a disadvantage.
are these going to be challenges/trivia questions not easily answered by using google or imdb ?
Closed Thread