Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

pre cert sniffer is correct theres a lot more than just the animal killings cut..

Its wierd how much of the Banned 'video nasties' were actually already cut..
Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Pre Cert MASTER

cut to hell and back!

yeah they were cut before the cinema release of the film or by the companies who released them onto video at that time, i guess they were scared incase the law fined them during the nasty witch hunt in 1983-84 and even after cuts they still got banned!!-video removed from shelfs in shops, some were then re-edited and re-released with an 18 certificate and others were just banned out right by the BBFC --now totally out of touch in my opinon not even needed because the internet just shoves its middle finger up at them lol.

so, when they did edit films back then they increased the carbootsale pirate video salesmen and there dodgey copies of faces of death and i spit on your grave..of course causing loads more trouble and making far more work for them selfs, i guess they were board or somthing cos the BBFC were a joke back then and continue to be.

now we all dont have this problem because the internet has helpped the horror collectors a hell of alot over here in the UK but as you can see we had a shit time with films being cut to hell and back!

Cannibal Holocaust was just one of many movies cut before release onto video back in the 80's others included driller killer, toolbox murders,cannibal aka jungle holocaust, alot of collectors dont know this and go out and buy pre cert tapes thinking they will be uncut!, this isnt always the case..
heres a list of ALL the cut made to the UK version of Cannibal holocaust:

The killing of a muskrat has been deleted
Our intrepid adventurers witness the riverside murder and mutilation of a woman presumably by her husband. We don't get to witness:
the girl being dragged through the mud and having her legs forced apart
the girl struggling and being raped with a wooden dildo
the man raising a mudball with spikes and the subsequent shot of genital mutilation
Another woman getting raped on the river bank has been removed
The disembowelling of a giant turtle has been predictably deleted
A monkey gets his head sliced open and its blood is drained into a bowl...but not in the censored version
The kicking of a tethered pig has been removed and its subsequent shooting and death
The rape one of a native girl by 3 men has been reduced
The cannibals eventually overpower the adventurers. The woman in the party gets stripped and raped but not in the UK version.
The woman's death scene is missing nudity shots.

Cannibal holocaust on Go label Pre Cert video commands high prices on ebay fetching approx £60-80 and remains a highly collected and respected work of modern day horror/exploitation cinema.

Last edited by pre cert sniffer; 09-22-2008 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 AM
MINION OF GOZER

The Reason for it being at high price is because the Go Label version was the 1st time uk had the movie uncut.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Pre Cert MASTER

The Go Pre Cert is cut.. the reason it goes high is cos its rare and is the original banned version.
They cut out the turtle part, left the rape, cut the girls baby part and its edited right at the final death scene..- alot of collectors dont know this and go out and buy pre cert tapes thinking they will be uncut!, this isnt always the case..-

theres also 2 pre cert version theres a back text label version and an pink /red coloured text on the label , i thought one was cut and one was uncut--means nothing though and both versions are cut,they just must have changed the design at one point thats all..

but, its still good even cut..and the cover art is lovely.

Last edited by pre cert sniffer; 09-23-2008 at 10:12 AM.