Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Evil Puppy

MPD Psycho, worth it?

So I'm looking at MPD Psycho and all excited about getting it until I read the back. On the back it states that since it was a television released the violence has been blocked with static. It also goes on to say that the original footage can't be found. Should I pass on this? Is the static obtrusive in any way? I was so looking forward to this one...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Your funeral... my trial

It's not one of Miike's best. Take that as you will though, as a sub-par Miike film is still better than probably 90% of the crap that's released. Yes, the really gory stuff is obscured, but I don't think it detracts all that much. If possible, I'd consider giving it a rental first though.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Evil Puppy

Thanks, I think I'll join Netflix as there are a lot of movies like this I just want to rent before I buy. Maybe I'll save money instead of buying every movie that looks good...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Your funeral... my trial

That's what I do. If I bought every movie that I watch, I would be utterly destitute.