Old 06-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Granny Weather Wax

Send a message via AIM to barbra Send a message via Yahoo to barbra
you know, now that Im awake and sober, I wasn;t even scared of the zombies and they freak me out. I didn't have one fo my usual zombie dreams or anything. And I wasnt really sure what was going on when the zombies just left the city. Now they have to co-exisit... weird. I understand WHERE it came from Im just not sure why it went that way.

understand what Im getting at cause I think Im confusing myself.
You’re my favorite living human by far
’cause you make this frightening world less bizarre
Old 06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by barbra
you know, now that Im awake and sober, I wasn;t even scared of the zombies and they freak me out. I didn't have one fo my usual zombie dreams or anything. And I wasnt really sure what was going on when the zombies just left the city. Now they have to co-exisit... weird. I understand WHERE it came from Im just not sure why it went that way.

understand what Im getting at cause I think Im confusing myself.
I know what you're getting at...but I'm thinking that...maybe the zombies and the humans finally realized it was better to co-exist than to continue fighting? ;) I don't know...maybe Romero was trying to incinuate we should stop the war in Iraq and all just get along ;) AHAHAH. But he probably just wanted to leave it open for a sequel..
Old 06-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
Just got back from seeing this ^-^. Not quite as good as the remake of of Dawn of the Dead but it was decent and had some excellent gore...plus I have a thing for John Leguisamo (sp?)...and hey, someone else payed my way in. Can't beat that.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonLit Meadow
I know what you're getting at...but I'm thinking that...maybe the zombies and the humans finally realized it was better to co-exist than to continue fighting? ;) I don't know...maybe Romero was trying to incinuate we should stop the war in Iraq and all just get along ;) AHAHAH. But he probably just wanted to leave it open for a sequel..
Oh, God, I hope not. Not another Alien Vs. Predator fate. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm thinking he just wanted to leave some sequal options open...at least that's what I hope...
Old 06-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
I also really liked the mass feeding scenes. Those were pretty cool.
I liked when they walk in the dark room with a flashlight and they shine it over the zombie with it's hand down that chick's throat, pulling out her intestines. (That part's actually in the unrated trailer)

The part that made me cringe, though, was when that lady zombie broke alll of her nails off scratching at the Dead whatever vehicle thing. Oooo, blach. That really got me. The noise!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Is Having a Baby!

This movie was a master piece! It should go down with all his other great movies.

I love 28 days later and I like the remake of Dawn of the dead. But this movie is far better than all those fakes.

There was more death and gore in this horror movie, than has been for 20 fucking years! Some people will bitch about anything.

The whole message for "Land of the dead" was perfect for todays youth. Classism is more blatant today, than it has been since the midevil ages. The actors weren't bad at all.. Dennis Hopper was amazing

But all people care about is if its scary or how people die:rolleyes:

What movie is scary for a horror fan? we seen it all. I hope someone got something out of this movie besides how cool the zombies look.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable
This movie was a master piece! It should go down with all his other great movies.

I love 28 days later and I like the remake of Dawn of the dead. But this movie is far better than all those fakes.

There was more death and gore in this horror movie, than has been for 20 fucking years! Some people will bitch about anything.

The whole message for "Land of the dead" was perfect for todays youth. Classism is more blatant today, than it has been since the midevil ages. The actors weren't bad at all.. Dennis Hopper was amazing

But all people care about is if its scary or how people die:rolleyes:

What movie is scary for a horror fan? we seen it all. I hope someone got something out of this movie besides how cool the zombies look.
I'm not bitching about the acting, or the way the zombies look. I'm bitching because this just wasn't Romero. There was too much explosions, missles, etc. and the whole "Hi, I'm Dennis Hopper, I'm a rebel bad ass and I'm going to save everyone all by myself" action movie thing kinda pissed me off.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie. 7/10. It just didn't scream "romero" like I hoped it did.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
"Hi, I'm Dennis Hopper, I'm a rebel bad ass and I'm going to save everyone all by myself" action movie thing kinda pissed me off.
I never really got that feeling from the movie. He was more like a real life president.

The only thing that pissed me off was the black zombie growling all the time.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:10 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
how can you prefer it over the original Dawn of the Dead? I can understand prefering it over the remake, but the original? I think you need to think again.
I know my opinions on the original Dawn arent echoed by many, but I saw it as a definate low point of the series. It was still a good movie...but compared to Night and Day, and even Land, it didnt hold up. For me, at least. The acting was bad [not that acting should be expected in a zombie movie], the plot was totally wasted [The mall was a damn great idea...put to waste], and it had very few memorable moments. It did have the Raiders though...the movie definatly picked up part way through. Also, and this could get me some strange looks, I thought the exploding heads were WAY overused. Sure it was a cool effect...but it went the same way as the solar weapons in Blade...cool, buy way,way overused. =The main thing it had going for it was that it set major info for Day and Land [that the zombies have some grasp on their past lives]

Anyway, enoigh ranting about Dawn...the thread's about
Land!

Heres a recap of my predictions for Land:

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return

1) It will be the best horror movie Ive ever seen in theatres [Wont take much, all Ive seen in theatres is Boogeyman and the new Amittyville:rolleyes: ]

2) I will prefer it to both versions of Dawn of the Dead, but it wont be as good as Night or Day.

3) The gore will be good, but not as gory as it could be.

4) "Big Daddy" will be the worst character in the whole series.

1) It definatly was. Not that Im surprised that it was better than shit like Boogeyman and Amittyville:rolleyes:

2) Ding ding. Once again, my prediction was corect! Id rank the Night, Day, Land, Dawn, with Night and Day being very close.

3) I was semi wrong here. Although it wasnt as gory as it could have been, I was completly satufied with the gore.

4) He wasnt nearly as horrible a character as I was expecting him to be. His groans whenever one of "his" zombies got killed got annoying, but it was certainly interesting that he was so advanced he could teach the others.

Overall, I give Land 8/10. For the record, I gave the others:

Night 9.5/10
Day 9/10
Dawn7/10
Old 06-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
I know my opinions on the original Dawn arent echoed by many, but I saw it as a definate low point of the series. It was still a good movie...but compared to Night and Day, and even Land, it didnt hold up. For me, at least. The acting was bad [not that acting should be expected in a zombie movie], the plot was totally wasted [The mall was a damn great idea...put to waste], and it had very few memorable moments. It did have the Raiders though...the movie definatly picked up part way through. Also, and this could get me some strange looks, I thought the exploding heads were WAY overused. Sure it was a cool effect...but it went the same way as the solar weapons in Blade...cool, buy way,way overused. =The main thing it had going for it was that it set major info for Day and Land [that the zombies have some grasp on their past lives]
ARGHH!!! Haha, I loved the original 'Dawn', it was probably my favorite. The clowny music playing while the zombies rip open the humans, I LOVE that scene. I have that goofy ass song on my computer.