Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Man Who Came Back
this was really one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Every second of this film is nothing short of painful. I rented it blindly because of the attractive cover art, but dont fall for it, steer far clear.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Evil Dead

"Rio Conchos" (1964)
-Richard Boone, Stuart Whitman, Jim Brown

Plot: IMDB: Two Army officers, an alcoholic ex-Confederate soldier and a womanizing Mexican travel to Mexico on a secret mission to prevent a megalomaniacal ex-Confederate colonel from selling a cache of stolen rifles to a band of murderous Apaches.

Phantom's Review: I enjoyed this film a great deal. Good acting, good story and plenty of action. My only compliant is the ending is a bit vague. Your not quite sure what happens to a couple of the main characters. Other than that, it's a fine movie.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Evil Dead

"Shane" (1953)
-Alan Ladd, Jack Palance

A former gunman sides with a farmer and his family against a ruthless cattle baron.

Phantom's Review: Classic all the way. Alan Ladd does a great job as the title character and Jack Palance is perfect as the villain. When Palance smiles after he shoots down a former confederate, it is more terrifying than a hundred Jason movies.
A great film, but I will say that I thought Jack Schaefer's original novel was better, but it's still a classic movie.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Evil Dead

"The Searchers"

John Ford's epic American masterpiece. John Wayne's best movie and one of the greatest films ever made.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Evil Dead

"The Villain" (1979)

Plot: Amazon
A wacky western spoof from Hal Needham ("Smokey and the Bandit") starring Kirk Douglas as a calamity-prone outlaw who is continually impeded in his pursuit of "innocent" damsel-in-distress Ann-Margret by white-clad hero Arnold Schwarzenegger. Paul Lynde, Ruth Buzzi, Foster Brooks also star.

Phantom's Review: Funny, live action cartoon. All the gags from the Road Runner cartoons are brought to life in this very silly, but fun movie. If your in the mood for great acting, plot or drama...then skip this movie. If you want total lunacy then enjoy.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but The War Wagon (1967) is one of my all-time favorites. Pretty great movie starring The Duke and Kirk Douglas...

Plot: Taw Jackson returns from prison having survived being shot, to the ranch and gold that Frank Pierce stole from him. Jackson makes a deal with Lomax, the man who shot him 5 years ago to join forces against Pierce and steal a large gold shipment. The shipments are transported in the War Wagon, an armored stage coach that is heavily guarded. The two of them become the key players in the caper to separate Pierce from Jackson's gold. "IMdB" (sh*tty grammar and all)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Evil Dead

"Cahill: Untied States Marshal" (1973)
- John Wayne

Plot: IMDB
J.D. Cahill is the toughest U.S. Marshal they've got, just the sound of his name makes bad guys stop in their tracks, so when his two young boy's want to get his attention they decide to rob a bank. They end up getting more than they bargained for.

Phantom's Review: One of Wayne's later Movies. Not a classic, but a good solid western movie. Plenty of action, a good story and some fine acting. Very entertaining.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Evil Dead

Today is Oct 26. On this date in 1881 was the legendary Gunfight at the O.K. Corral,
To commemorate this historic event I'll be watching these movies:

"My Darling Clementine" (1946)
-Henry Fonda

"Tombstone" (1993)
-Kurt Russell

"Gunfight At The O.K. Corral" (1957)
-Burt Lancaster. Kirk Douglas
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Foxhole Atheist

The Good The Bad The Weird

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...postcount=1739

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Evil Dead

Stagecoach (1939)

A group of disparate passengers battle personal demons and each other while racing through Indian country.

Phantoms Review: One of the few nearly perfect films ever made. A simple plot elevated by great acting, direction, scenery and characters. Brilliant from start to finish. A film that truly deserves the term "classic"