Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 02-07-2021, 09:55 PM
Little Boo

Obscure Nostalgia Query - UK TV – Horror Adverts

Hi,

many thanks in advance for any assistance with this query.

I remember an advertising campaign for a TV-screened season of horror movies back in the early-to-mid 90s. Here is my recollection of the details:

The season of movies was on UK TV, and therefore so was the advertising;
I recall discussing the season with certain friends at school. Based on this, I believe it was in 1993-1994;
It featured classic horror-movies, which I think were high-budget and mainstream;
I think it included one of the Alien films, which I believe was Alien 3;
I didn’t have Sky TV at the time, which makes it possible that the season was screened on terrestrial TV. However, if I’m right about the inclusion of Alien 3, this is extremely unlikely. Alien 3 was theatrically released in 1992, so would almost certainly not have been screened on terrestrial TV until well after 1994. It’s possible that the actual season of films was screened on Sky, and the advertising was also shown on terrestrial TV. I actually can’t remember watching any of the films screened during the season, just the advertising, which is consistent with the latter theory;
The advertising featured a montage of the movies, accompanied by “O Fortuna” by Carl Orff. Please note that I’ve tried searching based on the music, but due to its common use this hasn’t been fruitful.

I know it seems strange to exert so much effort locating something that seems so trivial. However I remember those adverts blending the horror images with “O Fortuna” to awesome effect, and would dearly love to see them again.

Thanks,
wellwellwell