Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Not that they're very similar, but did you like Abel Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant?
One of my favourite films. Would be in my top 3 of all time.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:06 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009)

I like this film more every time I see it. Completely hypnotizing and often hilarious. Some fantastic performances, too. Highly recommended.
Have been avoiding this till now, because I was really skeptical of it's value as a remake/sequel (not to mention Cage has gone down quite a bit these days). Now I have to be on the lookout for this. Thanks for the heads-up, J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Battleground looks great. Going to check it out tonight!
The first person who I thought would like it was you. It will remind you of one of those 80s low-brow actioners, with a suspense element to boot. You should really dig it, buddy.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:29 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Have been avoiding this till now, because I was really skeptical of it's value as a remake/sequel (not to mention Cage has gone down quite a bit these days). Now I have to be on the lookout for this. Thanks for the heads-up, J!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
One of my favourite films. Would be in my top 3 of all time.
Yeah, Ferrara's Bad Lieutenant is an incredible film. I think it's better to approach Port of Call New Orleans by thinking about it as its own thing; the two films merely have the same jumping-off point, but they are both very different from each other.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(foreign) & Oldboy

Holy shit.

Never gonna get around to reading "The girl" series so i figured id start watching em. Incredible movie and there is no way the American version is going to be better. Female lead is great.....

The Holy shit is for Oldboy

Nothing like ive ever seen. Im literally still on my couch, jaw dropped, trying to come to grips with what i just watched. Absolutely incredible and overall might be the best foreign movie ive ever seen. Cancel your plans and watch this movie....tonite.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(foreign) & Oldboy

Holy shit.

Never gonna get around to reading "The girl" series so i figured id start watching em. Incredible movie and there is no way the American version is going to be better. Female lead is great.....

The Holy shit is for Oldboy

Nothing like ive ever seen. Im literally still on my couch, jaw dropped, trying to come to grips with what i just watched. Absolutely incredible and overall might be the best foreign movie ive ever seen. Cancel your plans and watch this movie....tonite.
I hate Oldboy with a passion and still have no idea why people love it so much but to each their own.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
That fucking Guy...

Started watching BATMAN (89) but...too stoned and drunk to get much past a third of the way without starting to doze...I was really enjoying it though so I will be reprising my viewing today.
In my opinion this film did everything right, took elements of both the original Detective series, and Millers work and blended them into a great film.
Gotham looked "right". The Joker had a suitably dastardly madman plan going on, the origin story was there, the rivalry...the coolest car, best suit/equipment if you ask me.
While not as deliberately dark as Nolans work, it captured the Batman universe that I know and love.
Good atmosphere, Keaton and Nicholson were solid, and the musical score fit the overally tone really well.
I mean it's too bad that the three to follow, even including to am extent Burtons second Bat-film, were pretty much downhill from here.
But yeah, enjoyable film to revisit.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 12-10-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Started watching BATMAN (89) but...too stoned and drunk to get much past a third of the way without starting to doze...I was really enjoying it though so I will be reprising my viewing today.
In my opinion this film did everything right, took elements of both the original Detective series, and Millers work and blended them into a great film.
Gotham looked "right". The Joker had a suitably dastardly madman plan going on, the origin story was there, the rivalry...the coolest car, best suit/equipment if you ask me.
While not as deliberately dark as Nolans work, it captured the Batman universe that I know and love.
Good atmosphere, Keaton and Nicholson were solid, and the musical score fit the overally tone really well.
I mean it's too bad that the three to follow, even including to am extent Burtons second Bat-film, were pretty much downhill from here.

yeah man the first of those four batmans was definitely the best one
i actually sore the old school as one at the shop the other day and thought fuck that would be cool to see again

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-28-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Agreed, I love the Batman movie from 89. Everything seemed to just fit perfectly.

Antichrist

This probably could have been a pretty kick ass movie had it been shortened down by cutting out about 45 mins of filler imo. 2/5

Alexandra's Project

Not exactly what I was expecting but not too terrible. If you wanna watch something kinda different this is one to check out. 3/5
Old 12-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Evil is Better

Christmas Evil AKA You Better Watch Out
\

Continuing my Christmas Horror Movie Marathon. This movie is really hokey and strange but it works for it and like Silent Night, Deadly Night it was what i was expecting. One thing this movie has going for it is that the performance by Brandon Maggart, who plays Harry, is really good. It may not be the most realistic descent into madness but the way it's done and the way he portrays it with his mannerisms and the insanity in his face and eyes you really could believe that he was someone who would snap and go on a killing spree dressed as Santa Claus. Add in the scary music and the uncomfortable, awkward ways he did things and the things he said and this movie was generally creepy at times. I still think Silent Night, Deadly Night is more fun but this is definitely the better movie. It's not a perfect movie and Maggart's performance isnt Oscar worthy despite the praise i gave but it was perfect for the movie and exactly how it should have been.

Last edited by The Villain; 12-11-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

taste the blood of dracula ,from hammer
average,vampire movies generally seem to bore me
i just bought the 1930s original dracula for a doller today...maybe the original will change my mind

Last edited by wizard of gore; 12-11-2011 at 12:06 AM.