Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Evil Dead

Ultimate Spider-Man

Just thought, if the title grabbed your attention, you might've read this comic...
If not, it's basically an ongoing series set in the Marvel "ultimate" universe, which is, well, say all those comics that kicked off in the 60's, eg, x-men, spiderman, the avengers (the ultimates), fantastic 4...say those started again, in the modern day with familiar characters but completely new storylines/twists/original concepts, that's the ultimate universe - Ultimate spider-man, of course, is based on the young life of peter parker, kicks off before the "bite" and has ran from there...up at around 115 issues (I think) so far.
Read this comic? Or like the sound of the Idea?

So yeah, I've recently seen a new cartoon called "The Spectacular Spider-Man" which is pretty much the same concept of ultimate spider-man. Animation style similar to "teen titans" (actually done by WB, strangely enough, for a marvel production), some nice effects and interesting 3d animation, on top of brand new storylines...
Got some funky opening music to boot;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7L7m4eMUl6g

So, just thought I'd mention it.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

I used to read Ultimate Spiderman a lot, and Ultimate Fantastic Four, I've been reading Ultiamte X-Men frequently as well.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Evil Dead

So then hit this series up, it's good...
Old 03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I think it's got some potential. Steve Ditko's involved.