Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 AM
For Vendetta

Deadpool

Fox today announced another X-Men Origins spin-off, this time based on one of the "Easter egg" endings that appear at the end of the Wolverine movie.

Depending on which cut of the movie you saw in cinemas, there was both Wolverine and Deadpool postscripts.

IGN was exclusively told this by a source close to Fox about the oft-rumoured feature: "We are developing a spin-off with Deadpool. It is one of the two different 'Easter egg' scenes after the credits of Wolverine and hints at two different movies that are coming from them.

"One is the Japan backstory which was announced earlier, the other is about Deadpool. The film, which would be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel, has Ryan Reynolds attached and would be a complete exploration of this unique character -- his origins, his emergence as the 'Merc with the Mouth,' etc."

The source went on to add that Fox is currently looking for writers for both projects.

Elsewhere, The Hollywood Reporter claims that the movie will go "back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall."
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 AM
That fucking Guy...

Yknow what I'd like them to do with that?
'Hey, those weapon x guys cloned me to make XI, who was never me at all", have the beginning an escape story, realises he's got cancer or something fucked up from them experimenting, goes back for revenge, gets another "offer" to turn into the deadpool we actually recognise at all. Oh, and have him kill that XI thing within like, the first 5 minutes...comes across him during his escape, looks like a big showdown, then an indiana jones style "bang, you're dead".
They can fix what they did.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
'Hey, those weapon x guys cloned me to make XI, who was never me at all", have the beginning an escape story, realises he's got cancer or something fucked up from them experimenting, goes back for revenge, gets another "offer" to turn into the deadpool we actually recognise at all. Oh, and have him kill that XI thing within like, the first 5 minutes...comes across him during his escape, looks like a big showdown, then an indiana jones style "bang, you're dead".
I normally will not condone the making of any comic book movie, but this one I enjoy.

Soon as I saw Deadpool's mask off I was convinced origins:Wolverine was going to suck. So I would not see a spin off of that unless they pulled a Watchmen and magically did it right.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
All they really need to do is have the healing factor reject the ridiculous extra powers, then write the cancer angle into the time that we didn't see him during Wolverine.

He disappeared for a long damn time - wouldn't be hard at all to fit his real origin in there.

I've got complete faith in this. Reynolds is not someone that I'm overly fond of, but he's professed a love for the character and - personality wise - he nailed it thus far. They made a few less than stellar changes to the character, but they fixed the worst offense after the credits (his mouth), and set themselves up to really do him justice from here.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Evil Dead

That's crazy, Deadpool was never an X-man! :P

(Well maybe he was, but it must have been pretty brief!)
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 AM
That fucking Guy...

Not that I recall...He tormented the old x-force mainly as one of their "villains".
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM
For Vendetta

Ryan Reynolds is rather excited about Deadpool being greenlit.

He's been talking (again) to MTV about the upcoming spin-off, and revealed some interesting titbits about the project.

"He's going to be the 'Merc with the Mouth', [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants," Reynolds enthused. "He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit - and, it's going to be incredible."

Reynolds said that - because he is such a fan - he has a lot of control over the character. "I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way."

Reynolds and the scriptwriters are now mulling over the "spine of the story".

"Who is the villain? What does Wade and/or Deadpool want?" he said. "And how do you tell that story? Are we going to see flashbacks to his old life, flash-forwards, present-day?"

Answers will be given by him soon. Till then, wait and watch this thread.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 PM
That fucking Guy...

See, it seems like the Wolverine movie...might've changed a few things...in terms of how weapon x & deadpool relate to eachother it seems.
I'd have liked to have seen part of a story whereby he was escaping the weapon x facility etc...of course, what I mentioned above would work there.
T-Ray would be an interesting villain to have...other than, maybe some of Marvel U's other paid "post human" mercenaries would be cool as competition.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
See, it seems like the Wolverine movie...might've changed a few things...in terms of how weapon x & deadpool relate to eachother it seems.
Not if we can believe Ryan Reynolds...according to him, this wont likely tie into Wolverine at all:

Quote:
'Deadpool' fans who didn't dig the treatment of the character in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' may breath a little easier when they hear what actor Ryan Reynolds has to say about the spin-off movie that he's set to star in.

"Without saying too much, I can't imagine that there's gonna be any tie-in to the Wolverine movie at all," Reynolds told IGN at a recent press junket for 'The Proposal'.

While the project searches for a director, Reynolds says he's committed to at least two other films before he can work on the merc-with-a-mouth movie, but when he does the movie, he aims to do right by the fans.

"There's so many variables to play. It's tough because when you have a character like Deadpool, to the greatest extent of your power, you want to bring as much authenticity to that character as possible. And by 'authenticity,' I don't mean that you'd want to make him somebody that you'd have a Starbucks coffee with, I mean that you want to make him as close to the comics as possible," Reynolds said. "And there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make sure that ends up on film, but sometimes things are out of your control, things that you can't change. But I'm really happy, in these early talks, that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible. And that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-f*@k a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal."

If the actor has his way, Deadpool will even be breaking the fourth wall as he does in the comics.

"There's nothing else like that in movies, or comic books, for that matter. I would like to make him self-aware; I'd like to have a bit of a pop-culture air going on throughout the film," Reynolds said. "I mean, the greatest villain in a Deadpool comic is Deadpool."

But will the pretty-boy actor do a movie in which he's alternately wearing scar makeup or a mask?

"There's no way to do this without having the scarring, having the mask, having it all. And it can be done. It's a no-brainer in that sense. You gotta have the character of Deadpool. You don't want to just invent something new and call it Deadpool."
http://www.mania.com/reynolds-deadpo...le_115389.html
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 PM
For Vendetta

Producer Lauren Shuler Donner was present at a promotional event recently for the upcoming Blu-ray release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and -- of course -- she let a bit of info out about the proposed spin-off film based on the character of Deadpool.

Donner was playing her cards pretty close to the vest, but she did let loose with one tidbit: Deadpool will likely be a reboot of the character from his appearance in Wolverine.

"We'd kind of reboot it and make it the Deadpool that's in the comics," the producer told us, while adding that Wolverine costar Ryan Reynolds is still set to reprise the role despite his involvement with Warner Bros./DC's Green Lantern film.

"Yes, he would [return for it]," she said. "I'd like to see Deadpool, so we'll see where we are moving forward on that. I'm hoping to make a movie out of Deadpool."

Shuler Donner also confirmed that the recent Marvel/Disney deal will not affect the status of the X-Men characters being the domain of 20th Century Fox.

"Evidently not," she said. "Evidently they carved out the X-Men world and kept that at Fox, and so we're fine."