Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Jaded

Talking Turkeys attack White Bear Lake residents

WHITE BEAR LAKE, Minn. (AP) - The residents of White Bear Lake's Park Avenue Apartments are having turkey troubles.

A group of wild turkeys have moved into the complex a while ago, but one male has gone bad now that it's mating season.

The apartment manager says the bird has attacked residents, chased children and damaged cars.

State wildlife supervisor Bryan Lueth concedes a hyper-dominate male can be ornery during mating season, but there are limited options for dealing with it.

Moving the bird could introduce diseases into the wild population. Killing it is tricky because using a gun or bow in the city is illegal.

Apartment manager Kelly Wright has received a permit to net the bird and kill it humanely, but she's a little afraid of it. She wants the DNR to step in.

Lueth says the DNR is understaffed. White Bear police have weapons, but say they don't have the expertise with animals.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me

Last edited by monalisa; 03-29-2008 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
WHITE BEAR LAKE, Minn. (AP) - The residents of White Bear Lake's Park Avenue Apartments are having turkey troubles.

A group of wild turkeys have moved into the complex a while ago, but one male has gone bad now that it's mating season.

The apartment manager says the bird has attacked residents, chased children and damaged cars.

State wildlife supervisor Bryan Lueth concedes a hyper-dominate male can be ornery during mating season, but there are limited options for dealing with it.

Moving the bird could introduce diseases into the wild population. Killing it is tricky because using a gun or bow in the city is illegal.

Apartment manager Kelly Wright has received a permit to net the bird and kill it humanely, but she's a little afraid of it. She wants the DNR to step in.

Lueth says the DNR is understaffed. White Bear police have weapons, but say they don't have the expertise with animals.
Bwahahahaha

Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

i'd kick the hell out of a turkey.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Old 03-31-2008, 07:12 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i could fix this problem in about 10 seconds with a tennis racket.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:54 AM
Fear scented candle

this article is an advertisement for people to go to White Bear Lake, Minn and ransack the town. Citizens dont have guns, the 3 cops they have dont know how to use them. you could walk into town with a .22 and take whatever you want.

I cant believe that in the country, the only country in the world to ever use a nuclear weeapon in wartime, we have atown getting its ass kicked by thanksgiving dinner. Its just sad.

Get a shovel. Its a bird that can barely fly. Hit it.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
this article is an advertisement for people to go to White Bear Lake, Minn and ransack the town. Citizens dont have guns, the 3 cops they have dont know how to use them. you could walk into town with a .22 and take whatever you want.

I cant believe that in the country, the only country in the world to ever use a nuclear weeapon in wartime, we have atown getting its ass kicked by thanksgiving dinner. Its just sad.

Get a shovel. Its a bird that can barely fly. Hit it.
The truly sad part is that the cops probably don't know how to shoot a turkey, but if they see you with a gun, BANG, you're dead.

"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
The truly sad part is that the cops probably don't know how to shoot a turkey, but if they see you with a gun, BANG, you're dead.
no, the way the article describes them its "Bang! you're, damnit, missed. BANG! BANG! BANG! Godamnit, put the gun down, or one of these might hit you!"
Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
no, the way the article describes them its "Bang! you're, damnit, missed. BANG! BANG! BANG! Godamnit, put the gun down, or one of these might hit you!"
Actually, I grew up in White Bear Lake. But you're right, they are kinda like a little army of Barney Fifes! :p