Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Events & Happenings
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Hellraiser

35mm BRIDES OF DRACULA Screening in NH - 10/24/09

Hey gang,

I wanted to let folks in the New England area know about an upcoming screening of Hammer's BRIDES OF DRACULA I'm organizing at the historic Colonial Theatre in Keene, NH on Saturday October 24th at 7PM. This is the third of our "Spooktacular" events, a co-production of the Colonial Theatre and SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL (public access horror-host show that I work on, seen coast to coast), following up our previous screenings of THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES and KING KONG VS. GODZILLA.

This time up it's Hammer's second Dracula feature, starring Peter Cushing as Van Helsing and a bevy of vampire vixens. In addition to screening what I'm told is a glorious 35mm print of the film, we'll be running vintage monster movie trailers (some Hammer) and a cartoon before the film, will have prize giveaways (Anchor Bay Blu-ray discs, horror T-shirts, and an original BRIDES OF DRACULA sketch from comics icon S.R. Bissette) at intermission, appearances by the SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL characters, live "vampire brides" in the theater, and free glow-in-the-dark vampire fangs for the first 50 patrons. It's set to be another fun night of retro moviegoing in a beautiful old movie palace.

Tickets are $10 and are available online at:

http://thecolonial.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=210404

You can also pick up tix at the Colonial box office or by calling 603-352-2033.

Here are our two flyers for the event:

Mark
www.saturdayfrightspecial.com
Old 10-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Hellraiser

Here's the commercial I put together for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUWaSDbxfk
Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Hellraiser

This just in --

Comic artists S.R. Bissette (SWAMP THING, TABOO, TYRANT) and Denis St. John (MONSTERS & GIRLS) will be doing a signing for THE VERMONT MONSTER GUIDE (illustrated by Bissette) and MONSTERS & GIRLS at Comic Boom in Keene, NH (just up the block and around the corner from the Colonial Theatre) earlier in the day on the 24th. They'll also be donating signed copies of THE VERMONT MONSTER GUIDE, THE VERMONT GHOST GUIDE, and MONSTERS & GIRLS for us to give away at the show, but attending the signing is the only way to guarantee that you go home with copies of these terrifying tomes and get a chance to chat with the artists, who are both big-time horror fans and great guys.

Details as they develop can be found at http://srbisette.com .

Also, the Keene State College Film Society will be running a 35mm print of the freaky French classic DIABOLIQUE that weekend (starting Friday 10/23, nightly at 7 & 9 PM, Sat/Sun matinees at 2PM), and nearby Brattleboro VT will host the annual Vermont Samurai-Kaiju Festival, which will feature two of the newer Gamera films on Sunday, though I suspect they may be video projections. If they do turn out to be shown on 35mm, you know where I'll be that day...

Anyway, just wanted to let folks know about the embarrassment of horrific riches going on in the Keene, NH area on the weekend of the 24th...

Mark